Prologue: ♑︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎

The world is aquiver. Blurring at the edges.

The endless abyss of blinding Ozone shone in front of you, as you stood at the very edge of the CORE. You would always find solace from turmoil within the corridors and railings that connected miscellaneous chambers and laboratories. Cyan and red hues transcended from circuiting lights to cast your shadow helplessly on the floor.

You stood still, your head low, hearing the small buzzes of machinery that cooled down the CORE within the Underground. But you weren't alone. Next to you stood a tall and slender figure of your dear companion who you came to work with for so many years - Doctor ██ ████.

"(Y/n)." - he spoke calmly "Isn't it fascinating."

The CORE is the most industrial and modern region of the Underground that you and Dr. ████ endeavor on for years. Lavish decoration of multicolored tubes blinked on and off as they serve as wall ornaments as well as embellishments.

"After so many years of trying to harvest the most efficient energy for the underground - we finally did it." - ████ sighed with satisfaction, admiring the newly built facility that he... no, he and you built. "We created the CORE of the underground."

"We did." - you murmured cooly, slowly turning to face him. ████'s bony face held a genuine smile of pride and accomplishment, as it was evident with his composed tone that he spoke towards you. He couldn't deny the fact that he was simply enjoying the silent sensation of solitude with you next to him.

"We went through many trials and error, my dear. But we opened up so many new revelations that no man or monster has set foot on."

"Isn't It correct."

"At last, we may start working on understanding the fundamental phenomenon of multiverses..." - he turned to face you, placing his hands on both of your shoulders to finally make you look in his eyes. His eyes that showed adoration only to you. "(Y/n), just imagine - millions of alternative universes and timelines! And perhaps... we may just find the perfect world where humans and monsters live together in harmony."

But you, instead, stayed silent. "What do you think, dear?"

"████, I'm afraid."

His cheerful smile dropped slightly, seeing as your own smile was fainting away. He knew of your anguish and the storms that ravished your soul when you were lost in thoughts for a long time - either way, he couldn't stand leaving you alone in such troublesome times "With your kind being on a brink of declaring a war against us - I cannot blame you for your concern. But rest assured, we'll fix everything."

"Heh... I surely hope so." - no matter how much you contained yourself, a sheepish laugh escaped your lips, arousing a rosy blush on your cheeks. Of course, he would care so much. The Doctor's eyes would only yarn for your smile to look at.

"Everything will be alright, (Y/n)." - with that being said, he stepped closer to envelop you in an embrace, caressing your shoulder in a supportive manner. Despite his higher stature, You placed your chin on top of ████'s bony shoulders, your eyes glaring at the white crevasse behind him. It was Ozone, a byproduct of electrical power, as it was omnipresent below the floor level of the newly built CORE.

"████..." - you finally said, pulling away from his hug for the last time "Thank you."

Taking a vigorous grip on Dr. ████'s lab coat, your benevolent and delicate expression of peace turned into a vengeful one as you shoved the scientist of the edge of the CORE. With his echoing scream leaving a shrinking scar in your heart, You watched as his figure got devoured by the gluttonous ozone that shredded his existence into pieces.