Chapter 18

I rolled over on my bed, and touched something warm and comforting, so I scooted closer, and put my head on it. I felt something wrap around me. Wait! What!

I opened my eyes to see my laying my head on the bare chest of someone. I broke up with Ben yesterday, and he did not look like that, Ben had a gut, whoever this was had abs, who was I in bed with!

I looked up to see a sleeping Jim, who had a smile on his face. "Ahhh!" I screamed sitting up. As I screamed Jim's eyes shot open and he sat up and looked around for any danger.

"What?! What?!" He asked. His gaze turned to me, and his face went from action mode to shock. I looked down to see me wearing a oversize guy T shirt, and no pants. I looked to Jim to see him wearing his boxer shorts and nothing else.

"Did we....?" I asked trailing off.

"No, I don't think so." Jim said. "I remember you falling asleep on my couch and I took you to my bed changed. and I was going to sleep on the couch, but then I guess I feel asleep here."

"Thank God." I breathed a sigh of relief. Jim looked hurt at my words. "Jim you and I both know that we can't.... no, and it's a good thing we didn't."

Jim looked like he was about to retort, but the his communicator went off. He sighed and turned and picked it up. "Kirk." He answered.

"Jim, I want to give you and the rest of the bridge something before we head up, so meet me down in the med bay at my office." Bones said.

"Okay, Bella and I will be down in 30." Jim said.

"Bella's with you?" Bones said.

I gave Jim the you're-an-idoit stare. "Yeah, she kinda got drunk last night, and she slept over at my place." Jim said ignoring my stare.

"Jim you didn't..." Bones said.

"No, nothing happened, I was a complete gentleman." Jim said. I let out a snort. "I was."

"Bella are you there?" Bones asked.

"I'm here, and I can confirm nothing happened." I said. "And Bones, if you tell anyone about any of this I will have your head." I added.

"Yeah alright," Bones said. "Just get your asses down here." And with that he hung up.

"I'm going to go home, and shower and get changed out of this." I said standing up.

"You can shower here, I have extra womens clothes." Jim said.

"I am not wearing your old skanks clothes." I insisted. "I'm going home. See you in 30 captain." I said grabbing clothes from the table nearby.

I pulled Jim's shirt off me, and I was left in only my bra and underwear. I saw Jim avert his eyes out of the corner of my eye. Did he not find me attractive? I sighed and then pulled on my shirt and pants. I looked to Jim who had put on pants, but he was still shirtless. 

"Jim," I said before turning and leaving. "Can you please not mention this to anyone." 

"Why?" He asked. "We didn't even do anything." 

"No one will believe us, I don't want people saying that I'm sleeping with the Captain." I said. 

"Sure, Bella, I'll tell no one." He said. 

"Thank you." I sighed with relief before turning and leaving his apartment.

******

I reached my apartment, and opened my unlocked door. I walked in and saw it the same way I left. Shattered glass littered a section of the floor, the food I dropped yesterday was on the floor. I sighed and quickly cleaned up the mess.