Chapter 2

7 Years Later

I laid under a missile I was working on. I was now 16 years old, and went regularly to Starfleet to work on the weapons. I technically wasn't allowed to be there, but no one every stopped me. The weapons experts took me in, and taught me, and Captain Pike took me out to lunch every Saturday and told me everything he knew about Starfleet and Captaining.

I loved it at Starfleet. And everyone at Starfleet loved and welcomed me. I grabbed a screw from my left, and put it into spot. I put out my hand. "Carla can you hand me the screwdriver?" I asked. I felt it laid softly in my hand. "Thank you." I went to work quickly working by tightly screwing screw after screw, so that the shell of the missile was on.

As I worked, I listened, but suddenly I heard a very famaliar voice. "Can you tell me where I can find Isabella Williams?" As I heard the voice I quickly sat up, but forgot that I was under a missile and I bumped my head.

"Oww" I said grabbing my head in pain. I slid out from under the missile and sat up, and listened.

"She's at her work station around the corner, she's working on a new kind of missile." Stan said.

I looked at where I heard the voice, and watched as a famaliar face appeared. I stood up, and a smile etched over my face. "Spock!" I cried. I ran over to him. He smiled at me and opened his arms knowing what was coming next. I leaped at him wrapping my arms around him giving him a huge hug.

I remembered the first time I saw him after our first encounter. My father was going to Vulcan and I insisted I come with him. When I saw Spock for the second time I was so excited I ran at him and tackled him to the ground in a hug because he wasn't expecting it. After that he knew that I would always hug him.

When I finally let go, Spock placed me on the ground. He was know 18 years old, and he was much taller then me, but he still looked the same. He had to same emotionless face, but I could tell he was happy to see me because of his eyes.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the Vulcan Science Academy?" I said looking up at him.

I saw a look of anger and disgust pass through his eyes before they went back to normal. "I declined the offer. I am now inlisted in Starfleet, and I will be attending the Academy here." He said.

Happiness surged through my face. "That means..." I stuttered.

"It means that I will be able to see you anytime I want now." He said.

That's when I totally lost it. A huge smile crossed my face, and I jumped at Spock again. I caught him off guard this time and he stumbled a bit but regained posture. He hugged me back. "You are happy?" He asked.

I pulled away and looked up at him. "Of course I'm happy! I can see you anytime I want now." I said. "Aren't you happy?" I asked cocking my head a bit.

"I am feeling something, however I haven't had many emotions to tell if this is happy or not." He said. I smiled.

"Do you feel like smiling?" I asked.

"I do" He stated.

"You're happy" I said smiling. I looked up at him, and he gave me a small smile.

*****Two Years Later*****

I hummed as I walked carry the brown envelope under my arm. The warm wind blew my long dark brown hair, so that it swayed in the wind. It was a beautiful spring afternoon, and I was walking to the main building of Starfleet. I was going to see Captain Pike.

As I walked along I passed many people in their red and grey cadet uniforms. As I passed in my normal clothes they all gave a small smiles, or weird stares. The people who gave me smiles have seen me before and knew that I came there a lot, and the people who stared at me strangely noticed that I was the only one not wearing a uniform.