Chapter ten_(10)

••Maybe I'm still alive,
But my heart's beating slow••

      "What did you do to those girls to make them beat you up so bad?" Wilson asked tentatively, like he was scared I would lash out at him like last time, but I just sighed and closed my eyes.

"Nothing." I said and opened my eyes. "I did nothing to them,"

"Are you sure? Then you need to repo-"

"No!" I screamed immediately, jumping up from the sickbay bed. I don't know how Wilson found the keys, but he'd snuck my unconscious self into the sickbay after I passed out, and he'd helped me clean up my wounds. I was just thankful that it wasn't daytime, cause Nurse Ife would be around and I would have to explain how I got the bruises, which I wouldn't want. "I'm not reporting anything. And can you please keep quiet about this?" I begged, not wanting to attract anymore attention and trouble to myself. As from now on, I would just make sure to stay very far away form Stephanie and her minions, even though that would be practically impossible; considering she's my roommate.

Why me Lord! Why?

"But why? Those people did something terrible to you and they need to be punished!" Wilson exclaimed, baffled by my words.

"You don't understand, Wilson. This is something that's beyond you, or anyone for that matter. Just let it be." I said, exhaustion taking over my body as I sunk deeper into the softness of the bed.

"This is not something beyond anyone, May. This is clearly bullying, and if something is not done soon, things could get pretty bad for you." He argued, his voice heated with so much energy like he could go on about this till morning and I wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"Alright, I'm done talking with you. I'm going back to my dorm room," I said and put my feet down first, to see if I was good to go. I stood up and it felt like the weight of the whole world was dropped on my legs and I fell back down on the bed, unwillingly.

Wilson laughed, so loud that I was scared someone would find us here, and then we would be in big trouble. One, it was definitely past curfew. Two, we were in the supposedly locked sickbay. How would we explain that?

"Come on," Wilson stood up and put a hand out for me to take. I would have rejected his help, if I had an alternative way to get myself out of there. But I didn’t, so I reluctantly placed my hand in his palm and he pulled me up, placing his other hand on my back to guide me in walking.

It felt strange, and I wanted to get away from him but I had no choice, so I just held in my uneasiness till we got to my dorm room.

"Thanks," I said, my voice low so as to not attract any attention, even though the dorm hallways were dead silent by now, with everyone asleep.

"It's alright," he said and hesitated, as if pondering his next words. "You really should report those girls." He said after a few seconds of pondering and I sighed, seeing genuine concern in his brown eyes.

"Don't worry about me, Wilson. Goodnight," I said and pried his hands from my waist as I leaned myself on the doorframe. He looked like he was about to say something and continue arguing with me, but then he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.