Light + Dark (ChoiSandwich)

Also in the ChoiSandwich Week Book, it's the exact same, I'm just putting it in this is one-shot book too.^^

Saeyoung's on his PC, Saeran's watching TV and (Y/N)'s on her phone in her bedroom. All three are on some sort of technology, but only two would go out if there was a power outage. Well, there is a power outage, which caused Saeran's TV to turn off as well as Saeyoung's computer. Thank god he was only watching funny cat videos and looking at memes. It's been about half a year since Saeran was taken out of Mint Eye and brought to the bunker and although Saeran rarely lashes out anymore, he is still often hunted by nightmares. Along with nightmares, he has a fear of the dark, since it reminds him of those lonely nights in the prison he was in with his mother when Saeyoung was gone and all the torture that he endured in Mint Eye. The basement is a very dark and scary place to be in.

So, when the power outage happened and darkness filled the house, since there were very few windows there was no light from the outside, Saeran's fear and panic levels started to skyrocket. Knowing this, both Saeyoung and (Y/N) made their way to the living room. Saeyoung didn't bother with using his phone to find his way to his brother, it was dead anyways, but (Y/N) did use hers since she was father away and there were more things she could bump into along the way.

A minute later both parties arrived to the slowly growing in destress Saeran and sit down next to him, but first calling his name and touching his shoulders to hopefully not startle him any further than what he already is. Thankful it works.

"Hey Saeran," (Y/N) calls out to him softly, scooting ever so slowly closer to him. "You're scared right?" she asks. He slowly nods his head, confirming her statement true. "Alright, it'll be okay, Saeyoung and I are right here." Saeran nods slowly again, not really able to speck through his fear.

This isn't the first time such a thing like this has happened, and both know of his fear and of multiple ways to calm him down. (Y/N) looks up at Saeyoung, meeting his gaze. His eyes hold a sense of slight fear as well, but also show worry for his brother. An idea came to (Y/N)'s head suddenly. She goes to get up off the couch but Saeran's hand latches onto her wrist, keeping her at his side.

"Saeran," she whispers softly to him, "I'll be right back okay? I'm going to get something to help." It took a minute, but soon Saeran's grip loosened upon realizing that she would come back, and she took this chance to get up.

Walking down the dark hallway, only with the wall and her feet shuffling along the floor as guidance, (Y/N) made her way to her bedroom. Believe it or not, she as well is afraid of the dark. So, sometimes when she doesn't feel like opening the blinds or the moon isn't bright enough to light her room up, she uses candles that burn really bright, lasting long enough for her to fall asleep and for it to burn out without her worrying about it burning down the house.

Heading over to her nightstand on the right side of her bed, (Y/N) opens the drawer and pulls out 2 candles and her lighter. Closing the drawer back up, she sets a candle on the surface of her nightstand and lights it. It really does burn bright in the dark. Picking it up, (Y/N) walks back to the living room and sets both the lit and non-lit candle on the coffee table, lighter in her pocket now. The sudden light in the room catches the redhead's attention. Saeyoung smiles, catching on to the idea of how this will help while Saeran studied the newly lit surroundings. After letting it sink in that there is now light in the dark, Saeran visibly relaxed. (Y/N) by now has come back to sit beside Saeran like before.

"Better?" she asks in a whisper. Saeran nods, bring a present smile to both Saeyoung's and (Y/N)'s lips, knowing now that he's not scared anymore. The power would reboot soon, even before the candle burns out. So, they sit in silence, cuddled up to one another on the comfy red couch. It's so peaceful that Saeran and Saeyoung both ended up dozing off. When the power did return, (Y/N) was slightly disappointed. It's good to have some natural light once in a while. Another idea comes to her mind.

Careful not to wake up either twin, she stands up and walks to the light switch, turning it off. Now it's dark again, the light from the first candle almost done. She walks back to the couch, pulling the lighter out of her pocket and lighting the other candle she brought out, putting it beside the first. She smiles and goes to find a blanket. Finding one, she brings it back to the couch, cuddles up to the side of Saeran and drapes the blanket over the three of them.

A sudden wave a sleepiness comes over (Y/N) and she finds herself falling asleep, cuddled up on the couch along with Saeyoung and Saeran, the light burning pleasantly bright around them in the room, protecting them from the terrors lurking in the dark shadows of the night.