Chapter Sixteen

Skylar's POV

"Dinner!" I call out through the house. A few seconds later, five pairs of feet are thorugh the house  towards me.

"Yummy! Carrots!" Louis cheers as he sits down and loads his plate with the orange food.

"You're the best little sister ever," Liam says, giving me a hug.

"And the best girlfriend ever," Niall adds as he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

I laugh and begin to clean up around the house where the boys had left their mark.

"Maaaid!" Harry sings.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm not going to respond to that!" I yell back.

"You just did," Zayn points out.

I roll my eyes again and continue to clean up t-shirts, pants, video game controllers, and some weird things like an empty shaving cream bottle.

I was cleaning off a table covered in empty candy rappers when the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I yell, running towards the door.

I undo the many locks Liam had installed and open the door.

There, holding flowers, was the person I never thought I'd see again.

"Z-Z-Zack?" I stutter out.

"Hi Skylar. Can I come in?" he asks, gestering inside.

"No," I say simply and slam the door in his face. I ignored the knocking on the door and walked upstairs.

Niall's POV

I open the door to reveal some guy standing there holding flowers and looking sad.

"Can I help you?" I ask. His head snaps up at the sound of my voice.

"Um, yeah. Can I talk to Skylar?" he asks.

"Who's asking?"

"Zack," he says.

"You're that jerk of a boyfriend who dumped her over text because she was wasn't good enough for you," I say harshly.

"Yeah," he says, looking down, "I just want to talk to Skylar."

I step back and let him in, pointing upstairs.

"She's up there. You have 15 minutes," I spit out.

"Thank you, um, um, what's your name?" Zack asks.

"Niall," I say.

He looks up at me. I liked the advantage of being taller than him.

"You're that famous guy she's dating?" He says, making it sound like a question.

I nod and point upstairs, "15 minutes," I spit out before joining the guys at the table.

Liam had a glare on his face and he had such a tight grip on his fork that his knuckles were white and he was shaking from anger.

"How dare he come here," he growls and slams his fork down.

"Relax," I say, "he only has 15 minutes and if he does anything to harm Skylar, he will be leaving with a broken bone."

Liam gives me a half smile and we start to clean up the food.

Skylar's POV

I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in," I say, assuming its Liam or one of the boys, but Zack walks in. I scamper to the headboard of my bed and huddle a pillow close to me.

"What do you want?" I say.

"Please don't be scared," he says as he places the flowers on my desk and sits down on the edge of my bed.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't be.You're a monster!" I say, sliding away from him.

He sighs.

"I know," Zack says.

"What?" I look at him with a confused look.

"I know. I've been horrible to you. I feel awful. Especially with your mom, and..." he trails off.

"It's fine, I forgive you," those words were hard to say.

Now it was his turn to look confused.

"You do?" he asks.

I nod in reply.

"Friends?" I say, holding out my hand.

"Friends," he agrees, but instead of shaking my hand, he pulls me into a tight hug.

"So you're dating that Niall kid?" he asks, looking down at my sheets.

"I don't want to talk about that with you," I say.

"But why him when you can have me? I can help you recover from your mom. We can live happily ever after," he begs.

"Just stop," I say, as I get up and walk to my door.

"Wait!" he calls out, grabbing my hand.

I look up at him, but before I can say anything his lips crash down onto mine. This wasn't like when Niall kissed me. Those kisses were innocent and sweet. These were greedy and sloppy.

I push Zack away from me and run out the door, down the stairs, into the kitchen, and into Liam's arms.

"I want him out," I whimper.

"Did he hurt you?" Liam asks, holding me tight.

"In a way," I say.

"Skylar!" Zack calls out as he enters the kitchen.

"Get out," Niall growls.

"What?" Zack says as he backs up.

"You heard him. Get out," Louis growls too.

Niall and Louis each grab a side of Zack and lead him outside.

"What happened?" Liam cooes.

"He kissed me," I say and begin to cry.

"He what?" Niall says.

"Niall, please, don't," I say as I walk over to him.

"That jerk..." he says. You can see his brain working.

"Niall, don't. I just want him away from me," I say.

Niall sighs and wraps me into a hug. I breath in his scent and I relax.

"He came because of mom," I say.

"Is he trying to make you sad?" Zayn exclaims, slamming his fist down on the the counter.

I jump from it.

"Sorry," he mumbles.

"I just don't ever want him in my life again," I say.

"He won't ever be," Niall assures me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So I just wanted to say thanks for all the reads and I'm going to be writing another fan fic! I just need one member of 1D to star in it. Who do you want it to be? Comment or message me your favorite member! Thanks! xoxo ~A