Chapter Thirteen

Liam's POV

Skylar and Niall. Niall and Skylar. Oh my God. This was for real. They are together.

I flip through the channels on the TV at 3 o'clock in the morning, unable to sleep, when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey Liam," someone says. I turn around to see Niall standing by the kitchen door.

"Hey," I say with a half smile then turn back around towards the TV.

"You OK?" he asks, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say, not looking at him.

"No you're not," Niall says, "it has to do with Skylar, doesn't it?"

I say nothing.

"I'll take that as a yes," he says.

I just sigh.

"Come on Liam," he says, sitting on his knees and leaning towards me like a child, "I'll take good care of her. You trust me, don't you?"

I sigh, "yeah, I trust you, but it's my little sister we're talking about. I don't want her heart getting broken again."

"But I won't break it!" he whines, "I'll treat her like a princess, I'll spoil her, and I won't ever let her go, I promise."

"That's what every guy says, then they get bored of Skylar and dump her like that," I snap my fingers when I say "that" to emphasise it.

"But I won't!" he protests, "I will always be there for her. I will protect her as much as you do. I won't hurt her. Ever."

Skylar's POV

"Ever," Niall finishes.

Liam and Niall had been so envolved in their discussion about me, they didn't notice me sitting on the stairs listening to everything they said. OK, that sounded creepy.

I stand up and walk down the few stairs that were left.

"Hey guys," I say, making them snap their heads around with wide eyes.

"Hey Skylar," they say in unison.

"How long have you been standing there?" Niall asks.

"Just got here," I lie.

"OK. What are you doing down here? You hungry?" Liam asks.

"Just hungry. I'm going to grab some ice cream or something," I say, heading toward the kitchen.

"I'll come with you," Niall says as he stands up and walks towards me.

We walk into the kitchen and Niall starts scooping out ice cream and placing it in a bowl.

"So what were you and Liam were talking about?" I ask, hopping onto the counter.

"Um, just about a new song," he says, keeping his eyes on the ice cream tub.

"Oh, OK. What's the song about?"

"Just about a girl. The usually stuff," he says, handing me a bowl of ice cream and hopping onto the counter next to me.

"Sounds fun," I say with a smile and start eating my ice cream.

"Yeah it is."

We sit in an awkward silence for a while before he breaks it.

"I'm going to go back to bed. Good night," he says, kissing my cheek.

"Good night," I say.

Once he's gone, I let out a sigh.

I should've kissed him. I've been longing to for a long time.

I throw my bowl in the sink and head back upstairs to go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just short and sweet. I decided to put a little conversation between Niall and Liam in here and then what Skylar's been thinking. I don't really have anything else to say except HAPPY SHARK WEEK! (: