Santa Baby (Calum Hood Fluff/Angst)

Start from the beginning

(3 WEEKS LATER)
I still haven't told Calum that we are expecting. I can't... At least not through a video call, phone call, or text.
But I have no more excuses. Calum is going to be back from tour for 2 weeks, just for a small break. I have to tell him, we need more than ever to have this discussion.

I sit on the couch, resting my hands on my stomach. I am not even showing, nothing more than what anyone can mistake for a bloating.
But I know something is in there. I've seen it, I've even heard its heartbeat.
I can't help but picture it; a mini-me or mini Calum, sleeping peacefully on Calum's chest, with a thumb between the lips.
Or a little later, running in the backyard.
I really wish it's a girl... A miniature me with my eyes and Calum's lips, wearing pretty onesies and headbands...
But a boy would be perfect too. Playing football with Cal and video games with uncle Michael.

"Babygirl..." I hear Calum's voice snapping me out of my daydream. I clutch my stomach instinctively.
"Calum, you scared the shit out of me.." I whimper.
"Seriously, you didn't hear me getting in?" He giggles, approaching me for a hug. I bury myself in his arms and chest, taking deep breaths of his perfume.
"I was just in my own little world.." I mumble, feeling anxious but kind of relieved that he is finally here.
"Do I have a place in this little world of yours?" He asks, pecking on my forehead with his warm, chapped lips and strumming my waist with his thumb.
"Depends..."
"Depends on what, babygirl...?" He asks, almost humming against my skin. I can tell he is tired, but I am tired too, and not just physically.
"On the conversation, we are about to have." I say, motioning him to sit on the couch.
"What's going on, princess?"
"Look, Calum, I know where exactly you stand on the whole having children issue. But.."
"(Y/N), you knew since the moment we tied the knot that I don't want children while I am still touring..."
"I know that..." I try to continue but he keeps on rumbling.
"So if you changed your mind..."
"I am pregnant." I say calmly, closing my eyes. I take a couple of deep breaths, the exact seconds it takes him to stop.
"What did you just say?" He asks. Usually, I can tell if he is mad, or calm, or at least detect how he feels by listening to his voice, but right now I have neither the energy nor the mood to analyze him.
"I said, I am pregnant. 2 months far in 3 days. And, as you can really understand we have to reevaluate where we stand on this whole having children thing. And don't you dare tell me to get an abortion because I swear I am going to cut your head off."
"You are pregnant...." He states, standing up... I can tell he is panicked, as he paces up and down the room, running his fingers through his hair.
"I am, Calum..." I assure him, one more time.
"I need a minute." He says, walking towards the door.

(Calum's POV)
Walking towards my parents' house wasn't really the best idea. Many fans saw me and asked for pictures. I just need a minute to myself, some freaking time to think.
I knock on the door, hoping that I find someone to talk to. I need some comfort, some guidance.
"Hey, Cal... What are you doing here? I thought that you and (Y/N) would visit us tomorrow cause you wanted to spend some time together." Mali greets me, hugging me.
"That was the plan..." I say, shrugging my shoulders as I get in the house.
"What's going on? Is (Y/N) alright?" She asks, taking a seat on the couch.
"No... (Y/N) is alright... I guess..."
"You guess? Calum, what the hell is going on?" Mali asks worriedly.
"I guess (Y/N) got pregnant..." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. She slaps the back of my head, getting me off guard.
"You idiot... First of all, she didn't get pregnant all by herself. You kinda helped her. And second, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you even here? Your freaking wife is pregnant with your baby and you are not there?"
"Mali, we are not ready to become parents..."
"You... You are not ready to be a parent. You never asked her if she was or if she wants to become a mother. You decided you didn't want children while touring. And she went along with it because she loves you. And too bad you are not ready because my niece or nephew is joining soon. Now get your ass to your house, or else I am going to shove your head up your ass. Get it, Hood?" She looks dead serious, she even has my t-shirt balled in her fist.
"Oi... I got it..." I say, surrendering.

(Y/N's POV)
I lay on our bed, my eyes refusing to shut.
"Fucking hell..." I curse and turn for the millionth time the last hour.
"Can you not curse in front of my child? " I hear Calum's voice from the door of our bedroom.
"I didn't notice you there." I say, sitting up against the header.
"You seem to be absent-minded today..." He chuckles, sitting on the bed.
"I have my reasons..." I say as he climbs towards me.
"I am sorry I left like that..."
"It's ok. I kinda expected it."
"You expected me going out?"
"I expected much worst, to be honest..."
"Like what?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.
"I was prepared for a divorce..."
"The day we got married, I promised that I will never leave you, no matter what. Through sickness and health. Through thick and thin. Through good times and bad times. Whether rich or poor. And there would be no power in this universe that would force me to be away from you. Remember that?"
"I do. But you were clear about the whole having children thing, even before we got married..."
"Then I should have been more careful. Look, you were right; I might never stop touring. But I want to have a family with you. And I might not be ready to become a father yet, but I have 7 more months to prepare and a whole life ahead of me to become the best dad ever."
"You are such an asshole, Hood. Making a pregnant woman all emotional..." I say, trying to hold my tears from falling. He brings me to his chest and kisses my temple with his soft, plump lips.
"I know... Now I need you to sleep... I need my girls to be well-rested."
"We don't know if it's a girl yet..." I say as he pulls me laying on his chest.
"It's a girl. I can sense it. " He says, putting a hand on my tummy.

(9 MONTHS LATER)
I wake up, surprisingly not by the cries of my 3-month old baby girl. I turn to my side and see that my husband of 2-years tomorrow is not there. I turn to the baby monitor and check on the small screen that shows the crib where Iris sleeps, but I see no one. I get up from the bed and slip inside my silky romp. I slowly walk to the nursery room, knowing that probably my 2 biggest loves are together.

I crack the door open and see Calum with Iris in his arms, rocking her back & forth sleepily.
"Cal, what are you doing?" I ask, smiling at the sight.
"She woke up and I didn't want to wake you up." He says, yawning.
"Ok, but she is asleep now. Why didn't you come back?"
"I was afraid to put her down... What if I wake her up or break her?"
"Hood, you are a father for almost 3 months and you still worry?"
"Honestly, I don't think I will ever stop." He says, looking down at our sleeping daughter. I approach him and take the baby from his arms carefully, not to wake her up. I put her back in her crib and cover her small body with her soft blanket.
Calum stands right next to me, his arm snaked around my waist and his lips resting on my shoulder.
"And to think that exactly a year ago, I didn't want kids. How stupid was I?"
"A lot. But that's another subject to discuss. Let's go now. Let her rest... Maybe, get her dad lucky tonight." I whisper, pecking on his chest.
"We have to prepare for dinner, in the morning..." He groans but I can really feel his boner against my stomach.
"That didn't really stop us last year..." I whisper, pulling him in for a kiss.
"Merry Christmas, babe!" He murmurs against my lips.
"Happy anniversary, my love." I whisper, pulling him towards our bedroom.