For that she did see her old self reflected into Lara Jean and she was determined to help her best friend grow and flourish out of it and into a better, healthier and happier version of herself. After all that's what the universe paired them up for. Mutual help. 

There was nothing wrong with the current way Lara Jean lead her life, but she had said numerous times she was uncomfortable with it, and living uncomfortable in your own skin is the worst way to live. 

''I'm going to get more beer- WOW.'' 

''I know right?'' Rita covered her smile with both her hands as Lara Jean stood up from the vanity. ''I didn't think she could be more beautiful but holy fuck.'' 

Isaac was frozen in place, his hand was still holding the door knob and Rita had the impression he was leaning on it to keep himself from collapsing. 

''Oh my god.'' The dark haired girl gasped as she looked at herself. ''Oh my god.'' 

Rita had placed her best friend inside a red, spaghetti strapped, skin tight dress going up to the middle of her tights. Her make up was simple, as said, Lara Jean didn't need more than some mascara and a red lipstick. The black heels on her feet were a perfect fit also. All in all she was beautiful. 

Rita looked at her cousin who still hadn't moved.

''Isaac doesn't she look gorgeous?'' She enticed, a smirk grew across her face. 

''W-w-w-what?'' She stuttered. 

Lara Jean turned to face him. ''How do I look?'' She asked, her hands playing with each other.

Isaac smiled widely, his eyes shone more than Lj's and that's when Rita clenched her heart.  She was watching first row Isaac fall in love and it truly was beautiful. 

''Y-y-you- Shit you look so good.'' Damn it boys and their ways. 

Rita groaned, death staring her cousin up and down. 

''I don't have the words I'm sorry. It's just too-'' 

''Thank you Daniel'' Lj smiled. ''You don't look to bad yourself.'' She pointed and for a moment Isaac could be blushing or he could be just red from running around nonstop.

''Yeah.'' He nodded. Suddenly he had turned into an awkward mess and it was partly amusing to Rita, partly annoying.  ''Peter's gonna be here with the rest of the drinks in a bit so open the door for him.'' He said and disappeared in a rush.

''How come he's still coming?'' Lara Jean whispered as she grabbed at Rita's wrist and sat her down on the bed. 

Lara Jean knew already and she wasn't happy. She was capable of giving him the worst kick in the nuts of all time. 

''I guess he lacks shame on that fucking face.'' She shook her head. ''I can't believe this.'' 

In the whole day his persona hadn't come up, not even once in her toughs so she didn't prepare for that situation. The truth was she would never expect Peter to still go to the party. Her birthday party. How could he lack basic common sense? 

''Just ignore him the whole night and I'll try to keep him away too.'' 

''I love you.'' Rita leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. ''Plus Alec's gonna be here!'' She smiled trying to calm her anger down. 

There was no way Peter Kavinsky was going to ruin her birthday party with his presence. 

And when she saw him, she felt nothing but revolt, hatred and a hint of disgust.

''You've got some nerve Peter Kavinsky.'' She laughed so harshly she scratched her throat. ''How can you show your face here.'' 

''Isaac kinda forced me to come.'' He half smiled and she just wanted to punch it right off his face. ''You skipped the club yesterday.'' 

Rita didn't want to look at him, she didn't want to see the face that had broken her heart so carelessly, but mostly she was scared to look at him more than needed and really acknowledge that he looked terribly tired and borderline depressed. She couldn't feel sorry for him, so she kept moving around.  

''What part of I don't want to see you again you missed?'' She slammed the red solo cups against the table a bit too hard. Her lips were pressed together. ''Do you think I'd go? Are you that-'' 

''Isaac didn't-'' 

''Is this party for Isaac and I don't know?'' She sarcastically laughed. 

Peter didn't say a word. 

''I hope you know I'm letting you stay because Isaac still thinks you're the fucking man and he'd ask why I kicked you out. Well I'm not sure he'd be happy with the answer.'' She looked at him now and she knew she made the biggest mistake right there. 

He didn't look good, well he still looked beautiful, It was Peter after all, but his face seemed to have thinned up and it had a pale yellow tint to it. His lips were colorless and thinner than they used to be and his eyes were numbed by the biggest dark circles she had ever seen.  

Her heart halted at the sight and she swallowed the air stuck in the middle of her throat. 

Now she wanted to beat herself up for feeling sorry for him, for wanting to ask him if he was okay after his break up, if he needed anything. Why was she like that?

''You look amazing.'' He softly mumbled, he even stretched his hand as if she was ever going to react to his words.  

Rita shook her head. ''No. Don't fucking talk to me the rest of the night.'' Soon enough the front door opened, much to end her misery. 

''Look who I found.'' Lara Jean happily wandered inside pulling inside the only one capable to make her rationalize. 

''YES! MY GOD!'' He cheered in a high voice, not even noticing Peter in the corner. 

Rita's frown turned into a genuine cheerful and amused smile, watching Alec looking towards the ceiling and thanking god for having her, that for a whole minute. 

''Oh my god!'' Alec smiled sweetly before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him. ''I'm so lucky.'' He glued their lips together and there was nothing else on her mind but how much she loved his hands touching her bare skin at her back. 

''Yeah Kavinsky. You fucked up.''  

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ 

V

Yeahhh...........