Chapter 24: Chasing, but can't catch up...?

Start from the beginning

Xie Tao glanced at the three cubs in his arms, he then looked at all of the surrounding fluffy cubs. At this moment he couldn't help but think of something..

This... must be a paradise for fluff lovers. 

This year's flying competition was held at Orte's famous Cerda canyon. It was several kilometers deep, with a rushing river at the bottom and towering peaks on both sides.

The starting point of the race was at the bottom of the canyon and the end was set at the top of a very tall and precipitous mountain in the distance. 

The gigantic arena was built to be suspended in the air next to the finish line.

Before the race began, an opening ceremony was held. Right after Xie Tao had found a seat, the doors closed and a powerful cry rang out. Three fierce creatures soared through the air.

With fiery red feathers and a beautiful long tail, one of them cut through the air like a majestic Phoenix. By its side flew two others, one who resembled a Goshawk and one who looked like a golden Peng. These three pretty and fierce looking creatures demonstrated in a beautiful performance how to do innovative maneuvers and control oneself in a small airspace.

It was to show the cubs that their races were the rightful masters of the sky and that they could become that too.

This was the first time Xie Tao witnessed the Kuhti, Kuwei and Cotto's adult beast forms, and he could not help but be somewhat entranced by it.

When he later came to his senses, he looked down at the three cubs in his arms and noticed the longing in their eyes. Xie Tao raised his hand to touched their soft back feathers and with a warm voice encouraged them. "When you grow up, you will definitely become just as powerful as them."

"Tiuh!"

The three cubs proudly called out at almost the same time and lifted their small chests to show their pride and confidence. It was an action Xie Tao had seen the Kuhti cub do before and he highly suspected that the other two had learnt it from him.

After the opening ceremony, the cubs who were going to participate in the competition had to go to the waiting area near the starting line.

Using a communal air car, Xie Tao took the three cubs there.

Originally, after making sure that they were in the right place and everything was arranged, Xie Tao had turned around to leave. But after taking two steps he hesitated and turned around in order to get one last glance. What he discovered then was that the three cubs had not moved and their eyes had anxiously followed his back.

"As long as you remember the things we practiced before, there will be no problem." Understanding the nervousness they must be feeling, Xie Tao walked back and squatted down in front of them. With a soft expression, he added. "No matter what the result may be, you will always be winners in my heart."

After he patiently appeased the three cubs, Xie Tao left the waiting area and returned to the arena.

The arena was current still at ground level, but after it was confirmed that all of the audience had arrived. The suspension device under the arena raised the entire audience to the top of the mountain.

In the middle of the arena, a holographic image of the race course was presented and then the image changed to showed what was happening at the starting line.

In order to easily recognize the three cubs as a single glance, Xie Tao had tied a short pale yellow ribbon to the three cubs left legs before they departed from the hotel.

Seeing the number of cubs being shown on the screen, Xie Tao felt that it was a very sensible decision.

"Meah."