Chapter 5: Golden finger online

Having fully mastered the method of using small bottles as well as learned how to mix rations. Xie Tao was now trying to sharpen his skill of feeding the cubs.

However, there were still a few cubs that he didn't know what kind of race they were. Xie Tao suddenly felt that he needed a "Cub Raising Encyclopedia" to supplement his lack of common sense and to understand the habits of different races.

The Takila cub, who was still lying on Xie Tao's leg, seemed to be falling asleep and the swinging of its tail gradually became smaller and smaller. Xie Tao's legs had actually started to get a bit numb, but he still did not lift the cub away.

Sleeping was technically also an activity. Some young cub of some races could be very noisy which caused cubs with sensitive hearing, that could not block it out, to not be able to sleep. To get them to sleep was not something every caretaker could manage. In the Stars Alliance star rating of caretakers, the sleep of the cubs were therefore taken into account.

Xia Qi had never seen the Takila cub wanting to sleep after drinking milk and was once again stunned. When she returned to herself, she walked to the human youth who were still sitting cross-legged.

Xia Qi wanted to take this seemingly asleep Tachira cub back to his nest, but just as she came close and stretched her hand, the Takila cub suddenly opened his eyes and snorted loudly as he slammed the thick, short, fluffy tail down several times.

He did not want to be held. Xia Qi knew the aloof nature of the Takila race, so she quickly took her hand back and put on a little helpless expression on her face. She thought that the cub was already asleep so she had wanted to come over and take him back to the bed.

Since he was still awake, she was not sure how to move him...

"Is it necessary to take it to the sleeping room?" Xie Tao picked up and hugged the Takila cub who had suddenly opened its eyes. He then hurriedly stood up at the same time, after sitting so long, he really wanted to stretch his legs.

Xia Qi had already worked harder than him. He therefore also felt that he should be the one to take the cub back to the nest instead.

"..." Xia Qi looked at the Takila cub, who was obediently being held by the young man, not struggling at all. She then nodded with a slow rigid movement.

First saying that he is not happy to be held, then saying that it's good to be held?? Although her inner thoughts and feelings were chaotic right now, Xia Qi still tried to maintain her own stable image.

It didn't take much time to carry the Takila cub to the nest, and when he came back, Xie Tao saw that his two colleagues seemed to be discussing things, and as soon as they spotted him, Zhao Chuan talked more loudly.

"Today is my turn, but I think it should be better to let the newcomer know more about it, so that when it's his turn later, he will be more proficient."

The newcomer was of course Xie Tao and as he did not hear what it was about, he asked Xia Qi.

"Oh, it's nothing, just to change the water for the mermaid cub." Xia Qi shook her head to the youth, she already knew Zhao Chuan was a lazy and careless person. But now that a colleague had come, he actually even wanted to throw away the work he should do!

If they were not short of staff and could recruit new people, Xia Qi would have already told the president that he should fire him.