Some of the parents stayed on their knees and tried to crawl and grab my pants while begging me to accept their child but they could not grab as I walked away quickly.

...

In the capital of the Empire, the rising sun has painted the Shang's family estate in a golden hue.

But the leaders of the Shang family have been unhappy for the past few weeks. The issue that has made them unhappy and constantly hold family meetings are the events that happened to Shang Jian Rui and his son, Shang Shi.

All of the elders have the patriarch have unanimously agreed that how General Ling had tortured Shang Jian Rui is an affront to the Shang Family's face and they must punish General Ling for his audacity. It is very clear that Shang Jian Rui is crippled and he should not have been able to put up a decent fight against General Ling and his men, so he was definitely tortured after he was captured.

It did no matter at all if Shang Jian Rui and his son had really become rebels to them! What they were arguing about was how and when they should do to General Ling.

Half of the elders are arguing to wait until Shang Jian Rui wakes up before deciding how to punish General Ling while another half are saying that they should just go and kill General Ling and all of his family members right now.

The elders who want to wait are those who see no value in creating conflict with the royal family and the military over a crippled, while the other half who want to slaughter General Ling's family immediately are those who believe that Shang Jian Rui's twins are the hope of the family.

Of course, there are also some elders with ulterior motives, such as forcefully adopting the twins once Shang Jian Rui dies, and making the twins indebted to them for avenging their father. Some elders also want to create a personal relationship with Ning Ming, who has been living in the Shang's family courtyard ever since he brought Shang Jian Rui and his grandson to the Shang family. Since he is living in the Shang's family guest courtyard, he cannot refuse their visit if they come personally because it would be seen as rude and a few of the elders have been visiting him often.

Ning Ming has been living in the guest courtyard and he would only teach his grandson some martial arts and direct him in cultivation, then head to look at Shang Jian Rui and give some pointers to the martial arts of the twins. He does not teach them how to cultivate or any new martial arts because they have their mother who is overseeing their education. This has been his daily routine for the past few weeks and it has not changed, aside from entertaining the Shang family's elders when they visit.

Shang Jian Rui has been in a coma ever since he has returned. At first, when Ning Ming rescued him, Shang Jian Rui was still groggy and kept on asking him to search for his son. But without any clues and Shang Jian Rui in a critical condition, Ning Ming decided to bring him back to the Shang Family first.

Shang Jian Rui had been praising Shang Shi as a smart kid and a genius in martial arts, so Ning Ming believed that Shang Shi should be able to fend for himself since he had already escaped by the time he arrived. He had planned to return to search for Shang Shi once Shang Jian Rui woke up and gave him some clues but unfortunately, Shang Jian Rui never woke up...That is, until today.

Chapter 92 – Shang Jian Rui

Meng Zhi Rou has been at Shang Jian Rui's side whenever possible ever since he returned. When she saw his badly tortured body, she felt light headed and almost fainted in shock, but the cries of Shang Jin Long and Shang Qing Shan quickly brought her back to her senses. She quickly ordered the maids to bring the children into their rooms and take care of them while she led Ning Ming who was carried Shang Jian Rui into her bedroom.