Ch. 3 A new beginning p.1

Start from the beginning

Sai went around and tried whatever weapon he found. Doing experiments. Practicing hits one after another hoping he would find some random gem.

*ping*

[Sword novice][Dagger novice][Archery Novice][Sycthe Novice]

'Now lets try magic'

Sai concentrated on the mana circulating on his body as he gripped the pole. He guided his mana flowing it into the hand holding the pole then. Visualizing the image and motion of flames.

*ping*

[You now have learned the skill <Weapon Enhance: Ignite>]

[Embue your weapon with Fire Element. Fire Element Damage increase proportional with the Mana used][Fire Element Damage +5]

[You now have the ability <Magic Adept>]

'Amazing. And I still have a lot of mana left'

Sai focused more mana into his weapon.

[Fire Element Damage +22]

"*heave* that drained a lot. But +22, not bad for a lvl 1. If I increased my proficiency then the mana cost will go down."

Sai took a pole, a bow, and a few arrows. There are methods to stengthen oneself. Studying, excercising, practicing, etc.. however in this world were mana is present, there is another option.

'Lets grind'

Leveling up.

He saw a horned rabbit.

Horned rabbits might be small but shouldnt be underestimated. These cute but deadly monsters has the same size of an adult dog. Horned rabbit attacks are fierce and quick. Their hind legs are powerful and their horns are sharp. Beginners usually hunt with a party of 4; Any less and the danger might even prove fatal in their early Levels.

Sai knew this and as of now he didn't stand a chance in a melee. He hid in some nearby shrub and avoided direct contact. Instead he made a trap using branches, bow, an arrow, and a carrot as bait. After placing it in an open area, Sai returned on the shrub.

While waitintg, Sai concentrated on further familiarizing the mana in this body. About half an hour had passed then-

*pa-chik!*

An unlucky sucker took the bait. Sai confirmed it by doing a once over, and after confirming, went to his trap. There he saw a bleeding horned rabbit with an arrow lodged deep in its abdomen struggling to break free.

*ping*

[You now have learned the ability <Trapping Novice>]

[All trapping devices increases its efficiency. +20% Trap Making speed. +10% Damage on built traps you made]

Sai inserted his mana into the pole.

[Weapon Enhance: Ignite] [Fire Element Damage +5]

For the horned rabbit it was its death, but for Sai, it was an easy and safe way to lvl up and increase his skill proficiency.

*thrust*

The rabbit cried in pain. Due to his weak body, Sai still can't kill the horned rabbit instantly. He pulled his pole then thrusted again and again.

[You have gained 20 exp points]

"Phew.."

The horned rabbit was still too heavy for him to lift, instead he tied it then dragged it all the way home. Resetting the trap before leaving, Sai was careful not to alert any wild monsters as he cautiously moved.