Gift 21: The colosseum

The tournament followed a few days after the Pope had "visited". The streets flooded with a strange abundance of people, all rushing to the colosseum which cemented itself beside the Pope's palace.

"Master, a knight has come requesting you." Ether stood at the door, bowing as I sat up. While rubbing my eyes I looked to my left and saw Zena asleep. To my right, Diana lay; her hair tangled against her neck. After a little struggle, I stood from the bed and walked to the wardrobe to gather my clothes. "I will be down in a moment, you and Zena shall stay here while I am at the tournament."
"Yes, and what about lady Diana?"

Looking back at Diana I sighed and wrapped my cloak around myself. "I will be taking her with me. She deserves to see the Pope punished for all the things he has done to her."

"I see, I will inform Entor and Zena once they wake up."
"Good." I brushed my hair back and stretched out my arms. Walking to the bed, I gently held Diana's shoulder. "Wake up, we have somewhere to go."

She winced, turning over to face me before sitting up. "It's today?"
"Yes, it's time for you to be free." She smiled, reaching out to me. "I was free the moment you tore the necklace from me..."
"I see, well you will enjoy coming with me. Get ready we will be leaving after breakfast..." I looked to the window and walked over, looking up above the rooftops to see the sun directly above the tavern. "Or rather, lunch..." looking back I saw Diana pulling on her dress, one I hadn't seen before. I sat by the desk in the corner of the room and watched her, finding the colours and ribbons which wrapped around her body entrancing. "Where did you get that?" I leaned on my knuckle, my eyes drifting down her body. "Ah, I went with Entor and Ether earlier this morning... I wanted to surprise you."
"I see..." I glanced to Ether who seemed content standing by the door almost out of sight. "Do you...like it?" She looked to me, blushing. Her hands grasped the edge of the dress tightly as she looked down. "Let me get a better view of it." Standing up I walked to her and held her hand, spinning her around. "Looks amazing." I smiled and kissed her head. "Lets get going before the puppet knight downstairs gets impatient."

After a moment Diana met me downstairs, sitting beside me as I ordered some food. It wasn't the best but it kept me content for a while. I looked at the door, seeing the knight the Pope had sent staring at me. They had a hood, covering their entire body apart from one arm, resting on the hilt of their sword. They were relaxed, too much so. I gestured for them to come closer.

As they approached they drew their sword. "Don't speak a word the Pope sent me here to make sure you are delivered at the appropriate time." The blade pushed against my chin. "I see, so you're just another pawn." The blade shifted as I spoke. Hurt your pride did I?

"You dare call me a pawn!" The sword raised," The Pope said to make you were alive. Mind if I give you a handicap?" A distasteful smile tore across the man's face as his good lowered. He was experienced, or so it seemed. He had scars covering his face with a tooth missing in his lurid grin. "Do as you please, I intend to finish my meal." Diana held my arm, feeling intimidated by the blade above my head. "Shut up demon!" The blade dropped. "Sit." The edge halted above my head, barely a centimetre from my hair. Wiping my lips I looked to him as his face was frozen with shock. "There, continue." The blade dropped,  followed my his body collapsing against the wooden floor. "Do not be ignorant knight. You're just a pawn and a weak one at that." I stood, pulling Diana up with me as she clung to my arm. "Is he dead?"
"Not at all, just unconscious." I looked at his sword and yawned. "Pick his sword up for me Diana, we will be off now."
"Yes Master." She reached down hesitantly and picked up the sword as I pulled the sheath from the man on the ground. "It would be unfair to end the fight quickly with my own weapon, wouldn't it?" I smirked and wrapped the sheath around my waist, pushing the sword in and exiting the tavern. "Towards the colosseum then."

Diana followed behind me, looking around, paranoid for some reason. "Don't worry, I'm here to make sure you get justice." I pulled her beside me and wrapped my arm around her.

Looking forward, the colosseum stood before me. My smile faded as I saw a robed man approach. "So you made it. Where is my knight I sent to escort you?"
"I disliked him, so he is resting in a tavern."
"I see, ruthless." He turned and his bodyguards watched me with intense disgust. "When is our battle?"

"It is now, I will prepare while you do. My guards will take you to your room while you wait." He left as the guards beside him split into two groups, one group of five following him while two were left to lead me and Diana.

They led us to a room with a single sofa and a rack with weapons hanging from it. I looked down and yawned. "I'll stick with this..." Diana lay on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. "Nervous?" I stood above her and smiled. Her face brightened as she smiled. "Yes, nervous as to how to feel. It's all so...overwhelming..."
"I know how you feel. It'll soon be over." I leaned down and kissed her. Pulling away her arms wrapped around my neck. "And then?"
"And then we will be able to live together. In peace." She blushed and pulled me into another kiss. "Master...I have always dreamed of having children..." she looked away embarrassed.

Oh fu-

"Well kid, I don't know what you are going to do but you can't say no to that face can you?"

I'm too young to have children!

"Remeber, this isn't your world...or the same body you had before..."

That's right...

"And I will...try my best to make that dream a reality."

A knock came at the door. Sighing, I kissed Diana quickly before walking to the door. "The Pope is ready for you." Looking back at Diana I smiled. "Make sure you watch it all..."

"Yes Master."