Gift 5: Gauntlets of Echidna

The next morning I found myself waking up on the bed, the covers wrapped around me. Sitting up and rubbing my eyes, I attempted to recall the events of the previous night.

Looking to my side, I saw Zena sleeping peacefully, the blanket covering her shoulders like a loose dress. I stared for a moment before I closed my eyes and began looking through my inventory.

Suddenly, I felt something wrap around my neck. Opening my eyes, I was greeted by Zena's face; a gently smile and clouded, golden eyes. "Good morning master~..." humming gently, she allowed the velvet covers to drop from her body, revealing multiple curse marks over her body.

They covered her neck, her collarbone and one as a ring around her arm. Looking down, I could see one below her stomach and another around her thigh. Sighing, I looked back up as she leaned forward and kissed me.

I must have gotten carried away...

She slowly shuffled onto my lap and wrapped her arms tighter around my neck. "I hope you slept well Master..." I slowly raised my hands from my side to hold her waist.

Her body jolted a little as I touched her and shook, pulling my head to her neck. "I love you Master..."

How the hell does a girl go from hatred to love in one day?

"With the aid of a goddess of course. The goddess of love at that."

Of course...

I chuckled a little before getting up and walking to the large box with vines covering it which I assumed was a wardrobe at the corner of the room.

Inside, I found a large black robe and a belt. "This is all?" I yawned and pulls don the robe, tightening it to my body using the belt and looking to her. "Get up. We're going."

She slowly got out of bed and bowed. "Yes master." I walked to the door and opened it to find Ether in a position about to knock. He slowly bowed, his sliver hair falling down from his head. "Good morning Milord. The Empress has requested your presence."

"Why?" The man raised his head and saw Zena behind me. "Holy knights have been spotted near the edge of the forest... We cannot fight them ourselves..."

"Fine...I'll do it myself" I walked past him and down the spiral staircase. I looked in my inventory and smiled. This looks fun...

Equipping the items, I smiled and twisted them onto my arms.

[Gauntlets of Echidna]
《Mana +1000
《Summoning +1000
《Alchemy +1000

"I bestow upon you my children, beasts of Hell and Earth, under your command..."

It felt strange, as if hundreds of nails were clawing at my wrists only to stop a moment after.

As we reached the large room where I had first met the Empress, I saw a few soldiers liked up either side of the throne where the Empress stood; her hands together in front of her. "Goodmorning Milord..." she bowed and the room fell silent as the soldiers, Ether and Zena who had now dressed herself followed suit.

"Yes Yes, where are the Humans?" As she raised her head, the Empress looked to Ether. "I have told Ether of their location and he will aid You."
"Then let us get going." I turned around and sighed, rubbing my eyes and holding out my hand to summon the Scythe.

We walked out from the tree and towards the edge of the plateu. "The Divine summoners are-"
"I can locate them Ether..." I interrupted, kneeling onto one knee and pressing my gloves hand on the ground.

As I closed my eyes I sensed the presence of all living things around me. Zena, Ether and the other Dark elves took the forms of purple figures behind me. Focusing forward, I searched around the forest before finding a bright figure. "Ahead. And two to the left."

The one dead ahead had a dull light, evidently weaker than the two to my left. "You two take the one in front. Go"
"Yes sir," the spoke in unison before disappearing into the forest.

"And I'll take care of these two..." I held one gauntlet. "Let's test out these beasts..." I ran forward, using the Scythe to hook the winding branches above me, pulling me up and forward faster.

"There!" Holding the Scythe with both hands, I spun my body around and let go, the blade spinning forward and hitting the tree in front of me. As the branches fell, I followed them and hit the ground.

One of them fell back, trapped under a large branch while the other held out his hand and began reciting a spell. "No you don't!"

Holding out my left hand, I smiled and ran forward. "Too slow," I grabbed the man's neck and held my right hand above the man's  head. "Crimson Queen!" The scythe flew from where it had been stuck in the ground to my hand.

The blade changed shape, shrinking down into a ling blade. Smiling, I pressed it to the man's face and watched the long blade curve a little. So weapons from my world do work...

Letting the man's neck Go, I threw him up into the air and held the katana, swinging it up to decapitate him. "You demon!" The other man shouted, holding his hand out. Before I could lift the sword, a flood of electricity shot from his hand, barely touching me before I could react.

Lifting my hand, I shielded my eyes and shoved my hand away, averting the magic to hit a tree to my left. "I was careless..." I covered my arm and walked towards the trapped man.

"Please, I beg of You!" He tried to pry his leg from the branch, grasping at the mud and grass whilst screaming. "Have mercy!"

"Mercy? What's that?" A smile tore across my face as I subdued the man, placing my hand on his mouth and sighing. "Be quiet." A dark spear from my hand shot through his head. His clawing stopped and his arms fell, resistance disappearing.

I stood up and shook my hand, seeing blood on my glove. "God..."

"Blood can be cleaned Itami."

I know that. I didn't call for You.

"Actually you di-"

A large explosion appeared to my right, smoke building up as it rose upwards to the sky from the trees. "Incompetent fools..." I looked in the direction of the explosion and sensed a dense mass of divine energy. "They summoned a beast..."

A smile crept onto my face as I felt the anticipation swell inside my chest. "It's more powerful that the one I fought before..." laughing slowly, I began running, digging my hands into the trunks of the trees and throwing myself upwards.