025 ⇾ dreaded memories & sunday surprises

"Jean, wake up! You've got a present at the front door!"

While Jean was curious as to what kind of present was at the door for her---she had absolutely no idea why she was getting a present in March, seeing as her birthday was not for another two months---her guard was inevitably starting to slowly asce...

While Jean was curious as to what kind of present was at the door for her---she had absolutely no idea why she was getting a present in March, seeing as her birthday was not for another two months---her guard was inevitably starting to slowly ascend higher than ever because the only person, other than her close friends, who knew where she lived was Terry.

But why in the world would he, of all people, be sending her a gift? Unless it was some kind of take-me-back present but even if that were the case, she wouldn't take him back, not even if her life depended on it. That would be the last thing she'd ever do and she wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Terry was nothing compared to Sebastian. He was significantly incomparable to Sebastian---the latter was everything she could have ever wished for, the one she didn't know she'd been looking for her whole life.

He was everything Terry wasn't; thoughtful, humorous, passion-driven, loving, intelligent and undoubtedly and incomprehensibly understanding. The fact that he was so incredibly understanding has left her dumbfounded even till this day because she simply could not comprehend just how compassionate he was and how he'd continued to show her just how much he was committed to her.

While the pair still have yet to lay their cards on the table and make things official, they were both equally committed to one another despite not having verbally expressed it.

"Jean, it's 9am and you're usually up by now so please, for the love of God, emerge from your room and haul your ass to the door 'cause I'm pretty sure the delivery man hasn't had his breakfast yet so you gotta pity him!" Jon yelled from the other side of the door, startling his sister from her daze.

As a loud groan slipped past her lips, Jean forced herself out of bed, throwing the duvet away carelessly before reaching for her robe that was hanging on the back of her bedroom door. The minute she pulled her door open, she was greeted by a rather chirpy Jonathan, who was standing idly by with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

"Please stop being a creep. You're twenty-one, not two," Jean jested as she pushed past her brother, trudging down the wooden stairs of their home.

Jon was quick to his feet as he ran to keep up with his sister's pace, all the while making sure he didn't spill his precious cereal all over the floor because he knew that that would be bloody tragic---spilling cereal all over the floor and then having to worry about their little Yorkshire Terrier, Chester, 'cleaning' it all up.

"Aren't you gonna get the door?" Jon quizzed before shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth as he watched his sister reach for one of the empty glasses in the cabinet above the kitchen sink.

Jean shook her head slowly with a distant look in her eyes as she turned on the faucet, filling her glass with water to quench her thirst. "I'm not gonna get the door, Jon."