012 ⇾ empty promises & deleted messages

"So, I guess I'll see you when I see you?" Jean asked meekly with her head hung low. She couldn't look at him dead in the eye because she knew full well that this might just be the last time she'll see the Romanian sweetheart for a while.

Sebastian sighed, looking more forlorn than he was this morning. Right before he unloaded the last of their luggage from the cab, he paused for a moment as soon as he noticed Jean fiddling around with her thumbs nervously---a nervous habit he'd learnt about her over the last two weeks of being in Helen.

The sight of her fiddling with her thumbs made him smile a little, much to his surprise. Although, the smile on his face wasn't one that signified happiness because the thought of not being able to see Jean for perhaps another year or so had him crestfallen.

 Although, the smile on his face wasn't one that signified happiness because the thought of not being able to see Jean for perhaps another year or so had him crestfallen

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sure, he had her number and she had his but being the traditionalist he is, he hated having conversations via text messages and Skype and whatnot. He'd much rather have a five-hour conversation with Jean in person than have a thirty-minute conversation via text before either of them had to run their own errands or continue their shoot.

At least, in person, her facial expressions were apparent and he didn't have to think about what facial expression she was wearing if he'd purposefully said something stupid to crack her up.

"We'll see each other soon," Sebastian said, trying his very best to comfort her. "Real soon, I promise."

Jean's hazel eyes finally found Sebastian's and all she could see behind those cerulean eyes was warmth and honesty

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Jean's hazel eyes finally found Sebastian's and all she could see behind those cerulean eyes was warmth and honesty. Despite knowing that his promise was one that could not be fulfilled, she decided to bite her tongue and accept the empty promise. Usually, she'd call out on the person who was making an empty promise because empty promises will only lead to a detestable degree of disappointment. But this time, she did the opposite of what she'd usually do because she knew that she needed this empty promise to fuel the hope of seeing Sebastian soon and vice versa.

"Real soon," she reiterated his words with her gaze fixed on the luggage at her feet.

They were both going to board their respective flights soon and the thought of that made it harder for Jean and Sebastian to look at one another for what seemed like the last time.