Changes

James, Troy, and Erik had been pissed off at Mark for the past two weeks since Echo had left which didn't go unnoticed by both Steve and Thor who knew the reason as well. Mark, Lilly, and Jake hadn't changed and were almost glad that Echo had left in the middle of the night. James had gotten Echo's number and texted it to the other two and the trio had been invited to see Echo perform at Central Park near Greywacke Arch so it was the first time that they are going to see since she left.  When Echo had told them the day, the trio then told Steve and Thor that they are going to meet up with Echo to hang out for the day. They were glad that they are still in contact with Echo even though she had left the tower. Steve had gotten a call the morning after she left letting him know that Echo was with him and to double check what she said was true. Both men knew that what had happened between Echo and Mark wasn't right and would cause a feud between them that would make it hard for them to work together in the future.  

The day came for the trio to meet with Echo and see her perform which would be a cool thing to watch.  When they found Echo performing in front of a crowd that was circled around her last song and it sucked that they didn't get to see the full show but they loved seeing Echo dance and sing her last song. They recognized the last song being Renegades by X Ambassadors and they noticed that Echo was a great dancer as well. When they had gotten closer they had stood there and listened.  

'Run away with me
Lost souls and reverie
Running wild and running free
Two kids, you and me

And I say

Hey, hey hey hey
Living like we're renegades
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey

Living like we're renegades
Renegades, renegades

Long live the pioneers

Rebels and mutineers
Go forth and have no fear
Come close the end is near

And I say hey, hey hey hey

Living like we're renegades
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Living like we're renegades
Renegades, renegades

All hail the underdogs

All hail the new kids
All hail the outlaws
Spielberg's and Kubrick's

It's our time to make a move

It's our time to make amends
It's our time to break the rules
Let's begin

And I say hey, hey hey hey

Living like we're renegades
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Leaving like we're renegades
Renegades, renegades'

"Thanks for stopping by to see the show and have a nice rest of your day," Echo said as she picked up her speaker and phone. When she spotted her brother and friends after packing everything up she ran over to them to hug them. "That was an amazing performance  Co," Erik said as Echo blushed knowing that was the first time she had gotten a com[lemnt from somebody outside the Sanctum. "Thanks for the compliment guys," Echo said with a smile on her face. Having gotten her bag with her wallet, phone, and speaker, the group started to head towards Bluestone Lane Upper East Side Café to grab a coffee. "You know that this is the first time that we actually that we got be civilians for once," James said with both Erik and Troy in agreement. Echo knew that Mark had such control over the time that they don't get to be themselves. "Have you guys ever thought of defecting and becoming your own team?"Echo asked looking at the trio. They looked at each other knowing that she was right about that and that they could create their own team away from the Next Avengers. 

"That's a good idea and for now we could keep it a secret from the others but having my dad and Steve on our side would be great," Troy said knowing that having his dad and Steve on their side would be a good thing in the long run. The group of four had arrived at the café and when they walked inside they saw how it looked like an old school subway station back from the early days of the subway. "Echo it's been a while since we've seen you in here though you want your usual?" said the manager on duty. "Yeah, the usual cold thing that I'd get, and before I forget this is my brother and two friends," Echo said while introducing James, Erik, and Troy. Furthermore, Echo explained the whole situation on why she had just been reunited with her dad and brother without going into the details of being heroes. They had gotten their drinks after a while before heading to the sanctum in Greenwich Village and when they arrived they were shocked to see Dr. Strange waiting for them in the atrium. "You three must be Troy, Erik, and James so it's nice to finally meet you three," Strange said as he walked up to shake their hands. Having met the Sorcerer Supreme before but this was the first time they had interacted with him in such an informal manner.

The group of friends had told Strange and Wong when he arrived about creating their own team. "Have you thought of a team name yet?" Wong asked after listening to the plan. "One the way back I was thinking about calling ourselves Renegades," James said not knowing if the name would stick at all. Everyone agreed with the name because of the fact that they were going renegade for the first time in the history of the Next Avengers. It didn't take long for Echo to find a song that fights for the team and it was called 'Fight as One' performed by Bad City.   

Our world's about to break,

Tormented and attacked

Lost from when we wake,

With no way to go back.

I'm standing on my own,

but now I'm not alone.

Renegades, Assemble ! 

Always, we will fight as one, 'til the battle's won,

With evil on the run, we'll never come undone.

Assembled we are strong, forever fight as one.

Assembled we are strong, forever fight as one'