¹⁵, VAN GOGH VS FRIDA KAHLO

Start from the beginning

  Despite their reconciliation, Charlie wasn't too keen on getting comfortable with Jess right away. She'd refused to jump the gun on anything with him ever again, never prepared to hear him shoot her down— so, Charlie did the rational thing. She turned back to her life before Jess Mariano.

  Hanging out at Liam's house, chatting with Dean at work while attempting to squeeze homework in; Charlie was reverting to the basics. 

  "It's like comparing Van Gogh and Frida Kahlo."

  "Now you're exaggerating," Dean said, gasping when Charlie shoved him lightly, "Woah! No need to get violent."

  "Whatever," The girl rolled her eyes, "How's your project going?"

  "Fine," Dean shrugged, leaning his arm on the counter, "Lindsay's nice, I only have like a paragraph though. Should I even ask how yours is?"

  As if on que, Jess sauntered down and right up to Dean. The two stared at each other for a moment, Charlie looked between them waiting for something to happen.

  "Can I help you?"

  "You're in my seat."

  Dean looked to Charlie as if asking 'can you believe this guy?' to which she simply shrugged. "There's like five empty seats, dude."

  "It's still my seat, dude," Jess drawled out.

  "Why don't you find another girl to follow around like a lost puppy?" Dean snapped, "Why is it my girlfriend and her sister?"

  Charlie looked up at Jess in confusion, but he was focused on Dean, "I don't follow your girlfriend around, just get outta my seat."

  "Fine," Dean yelled, the two had grasped the attention of the diner's occupants, "Just stay away from both of them." The boy began walking away to find another seat, only to realize Charlie wasn't behind him, "Charlie?"

  "I'll talk to you later, Dean," Charlie mumbled, grabbing a pad of paper and slipping a pen behind her ear. When did life get so complicated? To the point that she couldn't do her job without a fight breaking out around her.

  "Hey, Gilmore."

  "Not in the mood, Mariano."

  "Wake up." Charlie groaned, feeling a thud on her bed. "Wake up."

  "What's going on?" Rory mumbled from her own bed.

  "Mom—"

  "I can hear them chewing."

  "Who?"

  "The termites." Charlie peeked on eye open, only to see her mother was deadly serious, "I hear them, they're everywhere, nibbling and eating and swallowing."

  "You're insane," The girl decided, letting her head hit the pillow again.

  "I can't sleep here." Both girls asked their mother what she was talking about, "We have to go to Sookie's."

  "You're kidding, right?" Charlie questioned, "Like when you told me Rory blew out all the candles on both our cakes?"

  "No, that really happened."

  "It's better for everyone if we pretend it didn't."

  "It's 11 at night," Rory frowned.

  "Yeah here, but somewhere in the world it's still Miller time."

  Charlie fell asleep as her mother and sister conversed, only to be woken up minutes later. The twins bundled up in coats and met their mother out front, and within thirty minutes the trio were walking through the sleepy town.