⁰⁹, A TOWN MEETING TO REMEMBER

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 . . . 𝘈 𝘛𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘰 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳
❝ If you have a problem with him or Luke, you have a problem with me. . . 

  CHARLIE GILMORE WAS not a stickler for following the rules. Especially when in comparison to her sister, but when one lined up Charlie and Jess; she was suddenly a goody-two-shoes.

  "Jess," Charlie sighed angrily, watching an innocent woman held her coffee cup up for a refill, only to be passed by Jess who was carrying the coffee pot. "You can't just not serve people."

  "Is that a dare?"

  "No, it's not a dare!"

  Lorelai Gilmore had to hide her amusement behind her coffee, ignoring Luke's glare for not paying attention to their business conversation. But Charlie was always the smart-mouth, she was the one pushing people's buttons and grinning as their temper grew-- and everyone could admit it was humorous to see Star Hollow's star rebel on the other end of the interaction.

  "7:45," Charlie announced, retrieving a battered Jansport from behind the counter.

  "So?" Luke grumbled, looking between the teens.

  "Hey, if you say we shouldn't go to school, who are we to argue—?"

  "A valiant attempt," Lorelai smiled, "Have a good day!"

  "You too," Charlie sighed, slightly discouraged, "Jess."  

  "Yeah, yeah, I know," He mumbled, quickly shoving two donuts into a to-go bag before filling a styrofoam cup with coffee, "C'mon, we have things to do."

  Everything Charlie had done suddenly seemed like small potatoes when Jess showed her his glorious prank. 

  "When did you have time to do the outline?" She snickered, admiring the white tape outlining a faux body, and yellow police tape surrounding the front of Doose's.

  "Last night," He shrugged. "Your town has a shockingly low-security system."

  "We don't have any security systems, unless you count Taylor. And, I'll admit, it's a nice prank, but it's kind of boring since no one's seen it yet."

  "Have patience," Jess pointed, lazily draping an arm around her shoulders, "Once we're out of school, everyone's gonna be goin' nuts."

  Charlie's face melted into shock, which made Jess's heart skip a beat in panic. Had he done too much? The skin that brushed against the back of her cotton t-shirt erupted in goose-bumps at the small notion that he'd overstepped entirely.