Chapter 81- 85

Comincia dall'inizio

"Why did you jump in front of the arrow? I could have blocked it with my Zap Punch!" I shout at Mo Di as I hurriedly grabbed him and swung him over my shoulder like a bag of rice and continued running forward.

"You don't understand. Once you have formed your core, your Qi transforms. It becomes stronger and much more powerful. It is why the apex of all weapon techniques is to abandon the physical weapon."

"A qi arrow might be the lowest and easiest qi arm to form, but it is still a qi arm. You might have been able to shatter it with a punch if you are not poisoned, but right now, you are no different from a normal qi flow cultivator and you should not even attempt to shatter it!" Mo Di says while he looks back at the archer who shot the arrow.

Right now, that archer seems to have lost the use of his arms temporally after firing that arrow and the rest of the soldiers have already left him behind while chasing after us.

"Once we get into the forest we will be safe." Mo Di says calmly but it is clear from his voice that he is in pain.

"How is your injury?" I ask with concern.

"I'm fine. The arrow hit my left shoulder and I won't be able to use my left arm until it's healed. Once we enter the forest and find a safe spot, I can bandage it myself to stop the bleeding." Mo Di says calmly.

...

Chasing Shang Shi and Mo Di are a group of well-trained soldiers and although that they all know they will be unable to catch up to them, they still have to chase them into the forest and hunt them down.

One of the captains however suddenly orders "Use the lures on ourselves now! They are running into the forests!"

Another captain in front of him stops and angrily shouts "Are you crazy? Use the lures on ourselves? If you want to become dog food, you can go fill their stomachs yourself! I am not ordering my men to die with you!"

The captain then shouted back "Shut up! Do you still remember the General's orders? We have to kill him no matter the cost! If we use the lures on ourselves right now, the wild beasts that are on the outskirts of the forests will surround and trap them for us! Besides we have weapons and we can defend ourselves against the low-level beasts that are roaming the periphery of the forest!"

The captain then looked at the rest of the soldiers and shouted "Use the lures now! Unless you want to disobey orders and get punished when we return to camp!"

The soldiers who have stopped running looked at the other captain who has an ugly face, waiting for his orders since they too are reluctant to do such suicidal actions.

"Do it. Archers, coat your arrows with the lures as well and fire it in front of them so that the beasts will come faster." the other captain reluctantly says as he realised that it is actually a good plan.

"Go! Run and apply the lures at the same time!" the other captain shouts and they quickly start chasing after Shang Shi and Mo Di, while applying the lures on themselves.

In front, Mo Di is puzzled and mutters "What the heck are they doing? Why are they rubbing some liquid all over their armour and arrows? It can't be poison because they're not that stupid to poison themselves?"

A few minutes later, as we approach the forest, the soldiers started haphazardly firing arrows at us again, creating some kind of obstacle course for me to dodge and run around.

Chapters 82 – Soldiers, Wolves and Beasts

Once I near the forest, however, I start feeling uneasy. I've never felt this way in my entire life. All of my hairs seem to be standing straight and it feels like goosebumps have suddenly popped out all over my body.