Chapter 17 ✔️

Lucy POV

A nice pot of calming tea might help soothe all our nerves" Hilda says as she poured some tea on our cups.

"My nerves are perfectly fine, sister. Which is more than I can say for you lot, running around like headless chickens" Zelda says looking straight at Sabrina.

"At least this means Father Blackwood has to let me into conjuring class now, right? I mean, I solved the Configuration" Sabrina says with a proud smile.

"And learned a valuable lesson, I hope. Never open a magic box if you don't know what's inside it" Zelda says as I took a sip of the warm tea.

"One thing I don't understand. Why would my father want to trap a demon inside of it?" Sabrina asks.

"Uh, your father suffered from terrible insomnia, he always said it was a sleep demon tormenting him" Hilda says.

"All those years, I assumed he was speaking metaphorically but clearly not and clearly he got the better of it" Zelda spoke.

"Surely he must have known the Configuration would be opened one day" Ambrose added on.

"Or perhaps he never imagined that anyone would be canny enough to solve his puzzle"Zelda said as she gave a look at Sabrina.

"My mom and Valentine were the key, a sketch of them in one of dad's journals gave me the clue to unlock it" the young witch said making me look at her in surprise at that.

"Witches couldn't solve it, but a half witch could" Helda said and I hummed.

"Sabrina's duality almost got us killed" Zelda said with a small glare at her sister.

"Well not only that but it showed us the strong power and knowledge she posses" I spoke out earning a smile from Sabrina, Helda and Ambrose.

"Alright well let's finish this tea and have a little foxglove to help me sleep" Helda said and we did just that. Although I had preferred black coffee tea was okay.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that the night wasn't over just yet.

"Just sleep, I have your back remember" The demonic voice from inside my mind echoed loud only for me to here as I was soon in a deep sleep. It wasn't long when suddenly..

I was currently walking to my next class at the academy.

"Lucy!" I hear Sabrina's voice yell from behind. I turn around and gave her a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as she ran towards me.

"Please follow me" She said with a smile.

"But I have class-" Before I could finish what I was going to say, everything turned black. I couldn't see anything.

"Hello?" I say as my voice echoed. A light shined onto someone who's back was facing me ans suddenly lights shined on both sides of me to reveal the schools orchestra playing. Lights began appearing from my sides as I was walking to the person who was a few feet in front of me.

"Nick? Is that you?" I ask as the man turned around and it was Nick holding a dark red rose with thorns pointed directly at me.

"I've been waiting for you, Lucy" He said with a sweet smile as he walked towards me.

"You have?" I asked him in confusion.

"Yes I have. And I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now. I know that after we're done with the academy we'll still continue in serving the dark lord. But I don't want to part from you, not now, not later, never. I want us to stay together for ever" He said as he went down on one knee making my heart beat faster.