Chapter 10 ✔️

Lucy POV

The next day on that night, Sabrina had called me on the phone earlier to talk about our decision. And thankfully she agreed to not take the deal as well, even my mother didn't want me too. I knew better than to take a 'deal' from my father. It was the same crowd in the church but noticed the Weird Sisters were there...great.

"Sabrina, Lucy, am I to understand that you come now before this court to endure the test of the witch's mark as described and demanded by your mortal laws"

"Yes, Father Blackwood"

"We request the examination be held in closed chambers" Webster says as he stood up.

"Denied"

"Stop! Stop!" We hear Hilda say from afar as she entered the church with a book and papers in her hands. She looked really bad due to her youth and powers being stripped away like Zelda.

"If this is some feeble attempt to delay the agreed upon course of action-"

"Your Dishonors, I call Hildegard Antoinette Spellman to the stand" Webster yells out as Sabrina and I look at each other with confused expressions. Zelda and my mother held the same look

"This is unacceptable! The test is about to begin! I demand-"As Father Blackwood tried to protest against it, the Infernal Three spoke.

"Hilda Spellman, approach us" They say as she did what she was told and stood in front of the altar.

"I have new evidence to submit to the court" Webster says as he opened the book and placed it in front of Hilda. "Ms. Spellman, please read the names printed here on this document"

I look at them in confusion and look back at my mother with a questionable look at her but she was also confused as well.

"Yes, it reads, um, Sabrina Spellman and Lucille Klaine" Hilda spoke out looking at the two of us with a small smile.

"Witnessed by...."

"Witnessed by Sabrina's mother and Lucy's godmother, Diana Spellman and well me, Hilda Spellman" She said causing me to look at her in shock. I look back at my mother who had the same expression. Did she not know any of this?

"I offer in evidence a baptismal certificate from the Holy Mother Church of Greendale" Webster says causing the whole church to gasp and whisper in surprise at the news.

"Your Dishonors if this certificate is authentic it would seem we have competing claims upon the souls Sabrina Spellman and Lucille Klaine" Father Blackwood says who is also surprised at the news.

"No sir, what we have is a binding contract, witnessed by their mother, godmother, notarized and dated one day before Edward Spellman inscribed his daughter and goddaughter name's in the Book of the Beast, thereby rendering the aforementioned inscription  the agreed-upon promise, null and void, QED"

"These last-minute theatrics make a mockery of this court. This is spurious, this is outrageous!" Father Blackwood spat out making my blood boil.

"No, I'll tell you what's outrageous, Father Blackwood, the Dark Lord's behavior!" Sabrina spoke out in anger causing me to break a grin and let out a bitter laugh.

"She's right, you know. His behavior seems, how do I put this...childish?" I mock as I let out a laugh causing the crowd to gasp at our behavior. Right now I was just done with this shit, so is Sabrina. Soon the courts private chambers flew open, fire blowing out as if it was angry. I could feel his dark presence, I knew he was angry, very angry.

"Well now, I'd say you two forced the Devil to the bargaining table and I've been summoned to the courts private chambers" Webster says as Father Blackwood also went ahead. The doors of the chamber still was opened, now earning whispers from the crowd. And I knew exactly why. So I stood up and clenched my fists.