Chapter 7 ✔️

Lucy POV

My mother and I entered the church and felt all eyes on us as we made our way to the front row, next to the Spellmans

My mother and I entered the church and felt all eyes on us as we made our way to the front row, next to the Spellmans. Sabrina sent my mother and I a small smile and we mirrored one back. I know I wasn't the only one feeling nervous about this. I know that it's very odd that the trial will consist of two people being me included.

"We, the profane, gather here tonight in this sacrilegious court serve the Dark Lord's justice. A deplorable crime has been committed against our master and savior" Father Blackwood began as the crowd began shouting and praising for my father causing me to roll my eyes at that.

"Sabrina Spellman and Lucille Klaine stand accused before the Infernal Three, guilty in breaking their promise, their pledge to the Dark Lord"

"Sabrina Spellman, Lucille Klaine, stand" The Infernal Three commanded, and we did as we were told. My blood started to boil of what was going to come our way.

"When the accused is confirmed guilty, not only will Sabrina abandon her mortal life completely, as Lucille will be forced to not live with her family, they shall burn for three hundred and thirty three years in the Pit, as his pleasure demands" I bit down on my lip hard, soon feeling the metallic taste now on my tongue as the crowd cheered.

"Accused , how plead you"

"I-uh" Sabrina began to say, clearly unsure what to do or say.

"This-" I was cut off when the door of the church, practically flew open revealing a old man barging through.

"They plead, not guilty!" He yelled making his way towards us. I was confused on how he is helping me on this, thinking it was just for Sabrina.

"Mr. Webster, you are not unknown to this court but you are unwelcomed, sir, and uninvited" Father Blackwood says.

"Untrue sir, where my clients go, I follow" The man shakes his head, disagreeing to Father Blackwood.

"Clients?" I hear my mother and Zelda say in surprise and shock.

"He's our lawyer" Sabrina says with a smirk and I couldn't help but smile at her in gratitude as whisperings began in the crowd.

We had took a break to talk about Mr. Webster being here and Zelda, one of Sabrina's aunt was not too happy about it.

"Do you know what the Breach of Promise is, Miss Spellman? Miss Klaine?" Father Blackwood asks us.

"It's when you make a promise and then break it" We both answer.

"Which we, did not do" I add on sending a small glare at Father Blackwood.

"It is most commonly invoked when a groom runs out on a bride he's promised to wed. I only mention that, because well, you and the Dark Lord not courting in advance of your Dark Baptism? Miss Spellman?" He says to her.

"Courting? In what way?" She asks in disbelief.

"Did you not willingly go into the woods that night, wearing, of all things, a wedding dress? Fact is, you gave every indication that it was your intention to fulfill a promise made. You showed up for a ceremony you'd committed to and then at the moment of consummation, you fled. The two of you. You both broke your promise. That's all" He says before taking his seat as it was Mr. Webster turn.

"Sabrina, Lucy, members of the court, where is the tangible proof, if this baptism is to be considered a wedding, where is the marriage license? The blood tests this great township demands? Show me the signatures! Hell, show me the groom! No contract, no promise and no case" He defends as he went to sit back down.

"Your dishonors, I'd like to submit into evidence our most unholy grimoire, the Book of the Beast. Miss Spellman, would you be so kind as to open it to the page I've indicated?" Father Blackwood says to her as he placed the book on the small forum.

"Would you please read the names that's been written....there?" He tells her, and I had a bad feeling about this.

"It says, Sabrina Spellman... and Lucille Klaine" Sabrina whispers in disbelief and I looked at the book to see our names.

"But this is dated only a few days after we born" I say in slight confusion looking at the date and Mr. Webster was quickly on his feet about this.

"Your dishonors, are we to believe that two babies signed the Book of the Beast, three days after they were born? This is obviously a fraud, a blatant forgery" Mr. Webster tells them.

"I call to the stand Zelda Phiona Spellman" Father Blackwood announced causing the crowd to start talking about this.

I glance at Sabrina who looked hurt and shocked, while Zelda looked very guilty and ashamed. My mother was also in shock and surprise, so was how I. What did Zelda do?

"Aunt Zelda, what's happening?" Sabrina whispered to her but ignored her as we made our way back to our seats.

"Mom, what is going on?" I whisper to her in major confusion.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile as her hand held mine in reassurance but not giving me a answer but still held a look of confusion on her face.

"Ms. Spellman, Zelda. Take us back to this date written here" Father Blackwood tells her.

"Of cource, your Excellency. I accompanied my brother into the Greendale Wood. In his arms he carried his newborn daughter...Sabrina and his goddaughter Lucielle" Zelda began causing me to look at her in shock.

Wait what? I look at Sabrina who also looked at me in shock at the news. Edward Spellman was my godfather? I looked over at my mother gave me a sorry look. I felt my blood began to boil even more as I removed my hand from hers.

"When we reached a clearing, he placed the two babes on an altar and signed their names in the Book of the Beast. Promising their souls to the Dark Lord"

"What?!" My mom, Sabrina and I said out loud in disbelief.

Hellur my readers! <3 Please don't forget to vote or comment for support!! Thank You!!❤️