Chapter 9 ✔️

Lucy POV
As the trial continued I had a burning feeling inside of me that I would soon reveal who I really am, well what I am. My mom sat beside me and Sabrina through the trial.

"Ms. Spellman, both you and your sister are certified midwives" Webseter asks to Sabrina's aunts.

"Yes" Hilda and Zelda say in agreement.

"You have delivered many babies in the witch community, including your own niece, Sabrina and also Lucille" He says and the two agreed.

"Can you vertify for the court, then, was Sabrina born of mortal woman and was Lucille born of a half mortal woman" He says and the two agree.

"Making them half-witch, half mortal and therefore, only half subject to the laws of this court! Just like Lucy Klaine who is also half witch and half mortal" He says earning a couple of gasps in the crowd. No one knew that I was practically half breed except my family and Father Blackwood.

"This is absurd, your dishonors" Father Blackwood says.

"No sir, it is their right. I demand a jury of mortals and a change of venue! I reject the authority of this court over my clients!" Wester says looking over at us.

"Disorder in the court!" The Infernal three day.

"The prosecution and witching community are familiar with human law, Mr. Webster. If the girls true dominant nature is to be determined mortal or witch so be it. We should invoke human laws to test her-"

"That is not what I was suggesting!" Mr. Webster defends.

"One. We may subject Sabrina and Lucille to trial by water. They will be bound and dropped into the river, if they float, their witches. If they drown, they're human and free to go" Father Blackwood says feeling my mom hold onto my hand a bit tighter.

"Unacceptable!"

"Or two, the accused will submit to being stripped and examined in full view of the coven for a witch's mark upon their body. Should a mark be identified this trial continues, uninterrupted. Should no mark be found, this court will be forced to recognize their so-called 'humanity'" Father Blackwood says sternly.

After the pre-trial we joined the Spellman's, including Mr. Webster to their home.

"Absolutely not, I forbid it" Zelda shouts out loud as she paced around her kitchen/ dining room.

"Sit down, Zelda, before you collapse. You're skin and bone" Hilda says in slight annoyance.

"Sabrina, Lucy, I have to ask. Do you even know if you have a mark? Let's start there" Mr. Webster suggests to us. But before either one of us could answer we were interrupted.

"Perhaps there's another way" We hear Father Blackwood say as he enters the room. All of us a bit shocked and confused to why he is here.

"You'll excuse my unannounced visitation, but I come bearing felicitous tidings. I've pleaded on your behalves to the Dark Lord and he has offered path through this thicket" He says to us letting Zelda to let out a sigh of relief.

"Praise Satan" She says causing me to roll my eyes at the name. I know there's something fishy about this, there always is, when it comes to my father.

"The Dark Lord will waive your punishment in the Pitt. He will even allow you yearly visitation with your mortal friends and as for you, you will also get to see your mother yearly as well. But you two must ratify your signature in the Book of the Beast and as for you, you must withdraw from Baxter High and begin your studies at the Academy of Unseen Arts immediately"

"But this is perfect, Sabrina! For the two of you girls" Zelda tells us.

"We'll await your answers tomorrow night in the court. Ladies, sir" Father Blackwood says before leaving the home.

"We will not take this deal" Mr. Webster says and I agree as well.

"But the Dark Lord has been moved by our plight to show mercy. Do you know how rare that is?" Zelda says to us.

"Yes like you said it's rare of him to do that but don't you think it could be a trick?" My mother spoke.

"Yes, and remember whom you're dealing with" Mr. Webster says to us.

"He's right, Sabrina. Many talk about the good and bad things he had done but we all know it's mostly bad even if for others it could be hard to admit" I say in honesty. I know my father, I know how he works or how he gains the souls of many lives.

~~~

"Hey there you are, I was looking for you" I hear Nick say from behind me. I turn around to give him a small smile.

"Sorry it's just I've been having a lot of things running through my mind" I tell him as we walked through the hallways together.

"It's about the trial isn't it" He tells me and I nod at him.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty intense and frustrating" I tell him as I felt his hand hold mine causing me to look over at him.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself" He says causing me to chuckle at him.

"It's... fine" I tell him as we continued walking.

"So you want to tell me what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" He tells me.

"Actually um, I've been wanting to ask you for a favor" I tell him a bit nervously.

"Yeah, shoot it" He says as I held his hand and took him to a unoccupied classroom. "What's wrong?"

"Well uh, at the trial they asked if I had a witches mark. And I want to make sure I don't which is why I'm using my trust on you to make sure. So please be truthful to me" I tell him as I placed my bag down on a desk and began removing my black jacket.

I began removing my white collar shirt leaving me just half naked. I bit my lip in slight nervousness as I look at Nick who was doing the same thing.

"Hey, fair is fair right?" He says with a smile causing me to smile as well.

I totally forgot about how he looked when he would get shirtless, he looked really good. I turned around and unclasped the black bra I wore as I felt his presence behind me.

I felt the way his hand softly roamed my back in a gentle manner. It felt so soothing and relaxing, every touch making my body feel like if it were on fire. I turned around and looked at him. There was this look in his eyes that made me want to just kiss him.

"I've been wanting to do this either way" I tell him as I crashed my lips onto his, feeling his hard yet soft toned chest on mine. His arms wrapped around my bare back in a gentle manner. His warm lips responded to mine immediately, I didn't know if this was love or lust but I still went for it. I missed him.

I hope you guys stay tuned for more upcoming chapters! Please don't forget to vote or comment! Thank You!!