chapter 14!

Recap:

It took me a while to fall asleep that night. I guess I was still excited. I did wake up around 5am to the sound of my door opening, which startled me. I opened my eyes and saw that it was only Cody.

I pretended I was still asleep as he climbed into my bed with me and snuggled close to me.

I couldn't help but smile and I wanted him to know that I was awake now. I turned around to face him and he looked exhausted.

"I just wanted to sleep in a comfy bed. Zack made me sleep on his couch and I guess that's what happened to Alli too." He said, laughing as he looked over at his sister sound asleep on my couch.

"I told her she could sleep with me but she said the couch was actually an upgrade from her bed on the bus, so she seemed pretty happy with it." I said.

He shut his eyes and I decided to sleep as well.

"Vanessa?" Cody mumbled.

"Hm?"

"I missed you." He whispered, pulling me closer to him.

"I missed you too. Missed you so much." I said, cuddling into his chest.

I woke up to my phone ringing. As I got up to answer it, I noticed it had woken Cody up as well. He sat up in my bed rubbing his eyes.

"Who is calling so early?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, looking around my room, unable to actually find my phone.

"Who's Austin?" Cody asked, holding my phone up.

"My ex boyfriend." I said, snatching my phone from his hand and pressing 'decline' on the call.

"Why would he be calling you?" He asked, laying back down in my bed.

"He's an idiot, that's why." I said, climbing back into bed next to Cody with my phone in my hand.

"Wait is he the one who broke up with you on your birthday?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Sure is. He literally hasn't stopped trying to contact me, it's like he's trying to torture me." I said.

"Why would he be contacting you though? I'm not sure I understand." He said.

"Like I said, he's an idiot. I'm not exactly sure what he wants but I'm not giving him anything." I said.

"I wouldn't either." He said.

It became silent between us.

"What happened to that guy that was always with you? I think Mark was his name. Yeah, Mark! What happened to him?" Cody asked.

I looked at him.

"You know, Cody, there's just gonna be people in your life that you really can't be friends with. Mark is one of them." I said.

"Why is he one of them?" He asked.

"I guess we never really were friends in the first place." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

"He was never my friend, Cody. That's all there is to it." I said.

"But you guys hung out..." He said

"Not as friends. Do you really want to know what we were?" I asked.