Chapter One

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed.” I sung along to the radio, as I got ready for school.

“Vanessa! Austin’s here!” My mom called from the bottom of the stairs.

“Coming!” I yelled back.

I slipped on a friendship bracelet that my best friend made for me before he left.

I traced my finger over the beaded letters that said ‘Forever’.

A tear escaped my eye as I thought about my best friend.

“Vanessa! Come on!” My mother yelled impatiently.

I scrambled to my feet and took one last look in the mirror before running out of my room.

I bumped into my fraternal twin, Zackary, as I exited my bedroom.

“Ow! Nessa, watch where you’re going.” He whined.

I rolled my eyes as I quickly got to my feet.

“Austin’s here.” I said, running down the stairs.

“I’m not deaf. I heard mom.” He snapped.

“Gee. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” I said as I gathered my papers and shoved them into my binder.

“Nah. I think I got in this bad mood when I saw your face.” He snickered.

“Ha, ha. Very funny. Wait until I tell your girlfriend what you did with one of your ‘friends’ a few weeks ago!” I said grinning.

Zackary raised his eyebrows and gasped.

“You wouldn’t!” He said nervously.

“Oh, you know I most certainly would!” I said, putting my binder in my backpack.

A grin suddenly appeared on his face.

“Oh yeah? Wait until I tell your boyfriend who you were hanging with over the weekend!” He smirked.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder, knocking Zackary off his feet in the process.

“I don’t even care. He won’t listen to you anyways.” I said, opening the front door and making my way out to my boyfriend’s car.

The cold February breeze blew my straightened hair passed my shoulders.

I climbed in the front seat of Austin’s car and buckled my seatbelt.

“Hey babe.” Austin said, leaning over and kissing me on my cheek.

I smiled at Austin.

Austin and I hung out basically the first week I moved here.

It was the middle of the school year, and he was in grade 9 at the time so I was in grade 7. We were like…best friends, and then one day he just kissed me out of no where.

I never actually thought about dating until he kissed me.

I liked him then and I love him now.

Even though he’s 16, turning 17 next month, we still get along perfectly.

He’s in grade eleven, while I’m in grade nine.

So, yes, we go to different schools.

He was my first ever boyfriend.

I’d like to say he was my first kiss, but he wasn’t.

I had my first kiss in Australia with my best friend that I’ve known since I was three.