chapter 13!

Recap:

"I love you, Nessa. I'm so glad you're my best friend." She said, closing her eyes.

"I love you too. Please don't try to leave again, okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She said.

"Promise me." I said.

She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"I promise." She whispered to me.

We talked for a little while longer, and I eventually got her laughing. The doctor kicked me out not long after though. Said something about Elizabeth needing her rest because she's going to be staying here for a couple days and then after she gets released she'll need to go to therapy three times a week for the rest of the year.

I asked if she would still be able to come to the concert with me on the 22nd, and the doctors said it's too early to decide that right now and I guess I can understand that.

I said goodbye to her, and that to call me as soon as she got home. And then we left. Me, Zack, and my mom. We left, a little heartbroken, but at least now maybe we'll all sleep a little better tonight knowing that she's going to be okay. And that she's breathing, and that she's safe for now.

Right as we pulled up to our driveway, I checked my phone for the time and saw that it was 5:30pm, so Cody and Alli are definitely already in my house right now.

I felt my heartbeat start to speed up again, and I suddenly got nervous to see Cody. I'm super excited, so I'm definitely shaking because of that not to mention my nervousness.

I quickly got out of the car and run up to my front door and opened it. 

I was immediately wrapped in Cody's arms and I just felt so happy. I felt my eyes start to swell up with tears, but these were happy tears and I think everyone around me knew that.

"Let me look at you!" Cody said, letting go of me to take a good look at me.

"Is this real life?" I asked, wiping away my tears, laughing.

"Yes!" Alli said, hugging me tight.

"Oh, Alli, I missed you so much!" I squealed, tearing up again.

"I missed you too, Nessa." She said, letting go of me. I noticed she was crying too, so I hugged her again and we laughed.

My mom greeted them both with much needed hugs.

My brother seemed really happy to see them again too, which made me even happier that I wasn't the only one this emotional.

"I can't believe I'm actually here right now, I've been waiting so long for this!" Cody said, wrapping his arms around me again.

"Me too. God, it's such a nice feeling hugging you again. It's been way too long." I said, hugging him tighter.

He let go of me and held his arm up to show me the friendship bracelet that he still wore. I did the same, and he smiled.

"Take me to your bedroom! I only saw part of it through skype and I loved the little bit that I saw, so I wanna see more!" Alli said, dragging me away from her brother.

I took her upstairs and saw that Cody followed, dragging both his and Alli's suitcases up the stairs. I led them into my bedroom and Alli was in awe.

"It's so cute! Did you decorate it yourself?" She asked.

"I got help from my best friend!" I said, watching as she looked at all of my pictures that hung around my walls.