chapter 7!

Recap:

I heard the front door open, so I quickly wiped away all my tears, trying to make myself stop crying.

Zack suddenly appeared at my door.

He stared at me.

This wasn’t any other stare though, this was a glare.

“Hi.” I said, trying to hide the fact that I was crying 30 seconds ago.

“Why are you crying?” He asked, entering my room.

“Because-“ I started, but he cut me off.

“Because you had sex with Mark and everyone found out? Is that why?” He asked.

“I didn’t have-“

“You did. If you didn’t, then why is everyone talking about it? People are shaming me just because I’m your brother. Why did you have to cheat on Austin?” He yelled.

I started crying again, as I pushed him out of my room.

I shut the door and locked it.

“You shouldn’t have done it, whore!” Zack called out.

I gasped and started crying harder as I made my way to my bed.

I woke up to banging on my door once again.

“Vanessa, are you okay?” I heard my mom’s worried voice say.

“Yeah, just took a nap.” I said.

“Must have been a long nap, it’s 9AM.” She said.

I struggled to remember what time I fell asleep, but I finally remembered that it was about 4pm, I collapsed onto my bed, so I slept for about 18 hours…how did I even-

My mom interrupted my thoughts by banging on my door once again.

“No school again?” She asked.

“No school.” I said.

“Alright, I’ll be home at lunch to check up on you. I love you.” She said.

“I love you too, mom. Have a good morning.” I said.

“You too.” She said, as I heard footsteps run down the steps.

I jumped out of bed as soon as I heard the front door slam shut.

I opened my door and walked down the stairs, feeling really hungry.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard my brother talking to someone. I stayed on the step and listened.

“Is she okay?” I heard someone ask him.

There was a long pause from my brother until I heard a sigh. I’m not sure if it came from him or the other person but I’m almost certain it came from him.

“I don’t know, man. I feel like such an ass for what I said to her. I don’t know how she’s taking all of this. Elizabeth told me everything and I feel so bad. That’s why I’m staying home today because I’m afraid she might do something.” He said.

“Like what?” The other person asked.

It sounded like a mix between Austin and Mark but I just couldn’t tell. Everything still seemed so fuzzy from sleeping for so long.