chapter 10!

Recap:

"I don't know. I guess I just feel so empty, you know? Everything was so good literally two weeks ago, and this has just been a really bad week of losing friends, my boyfriend, and just so many emotions are going through my mind right now and I feel so confused about everything, and it just sucks a lot right now-" I said, having to stop before I start to cry.

"It's just not a good feeling at all, and I was really hoping it would go away, but somehow it's only became worse and I don't know how to control it." I said.

"Are you getting hate messages or something?" He asked.

"I'm getting a lot of those messages. Cody knows why, so just ask him." I said.

Ryan shook his head.

"I'm so sorry you're going through that and you feel that way. I wish I could do more, but I promise when I come to Nova Scotia, you're going to have the time of your life, and I'm going to make it the best night of your life, okay?" He said.

"Okay." I said, wiping away my tears.

It was silent.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"For complaining." I said.

"You're not. You obviously need someone but no one is there, so I'm glad just to be there for you." He said.

"Thank you. Especially from you, it means a lot to have someone that cares." I said, smiling.

We talked for a little while more, and then after promising to Skype again soon, I ended the call, and went to bed happy that night. It was a feeling I've missed throughout the week, and I wanted it to last forever, but I knew that as soon as I woke up the next morning, I would be back to my empty feeling.

Today is Friday, which means tonight is my birthday party. Even though I cancelled it, people were still going to show up, so why not?

My mom was going out for the night, which made me a little uncomfortable. My brother will be here though, thankfully.

"Are you even a little excited?" Elizabeth asked, trying on some of my dresses for tonight.

I nodded my head.

"A little bit, yeah. I guess I'm just nervous." I said.

"I am too. Do you think those girls from school will show up?" She asked.

"I have no doubt that they will, but they're not going to be let in." I said, laughing.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I asked a few guy friends of mine to make sure that they're not let in at the door." I said, smirking.

She threw her head back and laughed loudly.

"See, you still have some good friends at school!" She said, smiling.

"I hope so." I said.

It was only 2pm, and the party doesn't start until 7pm. Elizabeth took the afternoon off from school to come over and help me get ready. Mark should be here soon too.

I'm not wearing a dress or anything special tonight, because tonight is nothing special. I'm wearing black leggings and a grey baggy sweater. Like I said, nothing special. I cancelled the party for a reason, but if people are saying they're going to show up, then whatever. I might as well try to have a good time at my own birthday party.