chapter 6!

Recap:

“You wanna hear a song that I just wrote? I’m not finished yet, but I still think it’s pretty good.” He said.

“Sure.” I said, sitting up in my chair.

He nodded his head, and grabbed his guitar again. He started strumming it once again, making a nice, soothing sound.

“It’s 2:15 in the mornin’, and I’m still thinkin’ ‘bout you, baby. I’m so frequently yawning, but I’m still thinkin’ ‘bout you, baby. Heaven up above did so well on every bit of you, baby. I think that I’m in love with every single bit of you, baby. I, I don’t know if I’ll fall asleep tonight, when you won’t, just won’t get off my mind.” He sung.

My heart started beating faster and faster to the sound of his voice. I even had goosebumps!

“That’s all I have. Any ideas to what the chorus should be?” He asked.

I thought about it for a minute or two, wanting to make it good for him.

“Instead of counting sheep, I count the stars within your eyes. I wish that I could sleep but, those stars are way too bright.” I sung to him.

He raised his eyesbrows, and started strumming again. The same sound that came out of his guitar a few minutes ago, played again. It was such a nice tune.

He sung his first verse all over again, but this time he added the chorus that I made. It sounded so much better coming from him.

“That’s really good!” He said, writing the lyrics I had just given him down on some paper.

He thought for a minute.

He started strumming his guitar again.

“It’s all about you, with or without you, if it wasn’t, I’d be fine. But the thing is, everything is, and.” He sung, but then stopped.

“I’ll be awake all night.” I sung to him.

He smiled at me and wrote those down.

He put his guitar down again and looked at the piece of paper.

He flashed me a smile and laughed.

“Thank you.” He said.

“For what?” I asked.

“For giving me those lyrics. They’re really good…” He said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said.

It was silent between us.

“You’re a really good singer too. Have you ever considered recording your own song?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“Nah. I like doing covers though. I actually have my own youtube account that I post them on.” I said.

“Really? Message me your channel sometime and I’ll have a look.” He said, smiling.

I nodded my head, and smiled at him.

“Well,” he said, looking at his watch on his wrist, “I better go before I miss my flight, again.” He said, laughing.