A Good Twist of Fate

Start from the beginning

She raised her short arms to move a random black piece, but as soon she touched it, it vanished along with her surroundings. The pale walls, the chairs, and the coffee table vanished, making her surrounded by pitch black darkness.

But something was glowing amid the blackness: the note. The note shone brightly, demanding to be read.

(Y/n) reluctantly picked it up, sighing as she did, and reread it. 'What do I even look for?' She look around her, but all she could see was the never ending blackness. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on her surroundings, seeing if she could sense anything.

The more she focused, the more she started to feel something; something watching her. She felt their piercing gaze so vividly as of they were a predator ready to jump in and swallow her whole. Feeling this threat to her well being, she was definitely not scared, but angry instead.

'Just who did they think they are? How dare they think of me as a prey? I will find them and make them my prey!' the intelligent girl declared angrily. Despite being young of age, (Y/n) was extraordinarily brilliant and powerful. 

There is no doubt that even her own mother was slightly afraid of her even though she loved her deeply. (Y/n) was already showing signs of irregularity. She would get angered whenever her power and intellect was questioned. Whenever one was near her presence, they couldn't help but feel threatened. But most of all, she was afraid of nothing.

Now, don't misunderstand. (Y/n) didn't act out and rebelled against her mother. In fact, it was the opposite. She follows her mother's every order and loves her mother deeply in return. It wasn't her fault she was just... unusual. That's why she's in this correctional facility. (M/n) hoped this would help her child gain control of her temper and power.

(Y/N) fearlessly outstretched both her arms and set them aflame. Red, scorching flames coated her small arms and without a single doubt in her mind, she discharged waves of fire from her arms, illuminating the blackness.  The surroundings shook as if it was injured by her flames.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" she smirked confidently as she readied her flames once more. "I'll stop once you let me out."

She waited patiently for a few more long seconds waiting to leave, but her surroundings didn't change one bit. "Alright then. It's going to be your fault if you're hurt," she mocked.

She discharged her searing conflagration once more, but this time she didn't stop, not even for a break. The darkness violently quaked until, finally, a crevice formed beside the (H/t), letting bright pale light shine through.

She immediately sent one last wave, making the crevice open wider, before racing into the light.

She opened her (e/c) eyes and was blinded by the harsh white light. Before her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she heard metallic tools being clanked, shouting, and feet shuffling. She slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in the same dull room as before, but this time there was a middle aged man occupying the sofa in front, along with two nurses rushing around him.

"Dr. Simon! Are you okay?"

"Dr. Simon?!"

"I-I'm okay," he finally answered.

His face was previously covered with simmering burn marks, but it soon healed. The nurses rushed in once they saw that he suddenly erupted in flames in the middle of his session, but was relieved that he recovered. They left immediately after, leaving you and the man in the room. He finally turned to you, knowing that you were well aware of what was happening.

"I have got to say, you did a fantastic job, (Y/N). I'm Dr. Simon. Nice to meet you. I'll be your physician during your time here. I hope you enjoy your time here," he smiled without a hint of anger, but with slyness.

"Likewise."

Soon after her simple first day here, her sessions got tougher and more violent each day. They trained her to push her limits of her power and her mental state. Ever since her first session, they placed her in the elite rank of the whole institution. She was unmistakably one of the most powerful people. It was very rare that the elite rank was even occupied by one person, but with (Y/n)'s emergence, the spots were filled by two people.

Each day during break, each rank would have break with their fellow ranking peers in their own separate groups. It was tradition that each class wouldn't interact with any other. Due to the absence of peers in the Elite class, Oikawa would spend his days in solitude doing something random while everyone else conversed with each other. He would always look at the inferior ranks in envy despite being better than them. He would sometimes try talking to the neighboring ranks, but they would always ignore him. He spent everyday there like that, until one day someone finally sat beside him.

Oikawa's eye shone so brightly as soon as a (e/c) eyed (H/T) girl walked over to his tiny table. The surrounding ranks quieted down as well when they saw the approaching girl. Everyone was on the edge of their seats to see if there was finally a new member of the Elite Rank.

"Hi, is this the table for the Elites?" she finally spoke nervously to the young boy before her.

"Yes! Are you a new member?!" Oikawa exclaimed excitedly as he jumped out of his seat, freaking the (h/t) girl out.

"Yes. Nice to meet you. I'm (Y/n)," she smiled softly.

"I'm Oikawa! Nice to meet you too!"

Very soon after their encounter with each other, they became close friends. Oikawa's loneliness vanished away, becoming a distant memory. He could not have been more grateful for (Y/n) for making him finally feel like he belonged. It was the start of his everlasting love for her.

Happy 2019🎉🎉🎉! This is just a short extra chapter that sort of explains how (Y/n) and Oikawa met, so hopefully you liked it. Also if you haven't watch the Seven Deadly Sins Prisoners of the Sky movie yet it's on Netflix. The movie is pretty great, so I recommend you watch it.  Anyway, if you like the chapter please vote.

-Gurashi