Chapter 7

'What do I do? I don't want to hurt her, but she's not her usual self. Her eyes aren't sparkling anymore. What a bummer. If she's going to kill me, at least let me see her alluring (E/C) eyes one last time,' Meliodas thought carefully. The last thing he ever wanted to do was hurt her. She was just way too precious to him to even hurt.

"W-what do we do?" Hawk trembled seeing the dark glare and more daggers forming in her hands.
"For starters, we run!" Meliodas picked up Elizabeth and started running as fast as he could knowing that speed was one of (Y/N)'s many skilled techniques.

"I knew you were going to say that!"

With her pure white wings outstretched, (Y/N) launched herself into the air throwing her explosive daggers at the moving group. Many yells and groans of pain were heard as each explosion made contact with the group's close surrounding. Unfortunately, there was a shepherd and a young boy in their path.

" Hey! If you don't want to die, you'd better start running too!" Meliodas warned.

"Where are you Knight? Come out already or are you just a coward who can't fight someone as "weak" as me? I don't blame you, though. As soon as I see you, I'll rip your limbs off," (Y/N) threatened.

Hiding behind a small dirt ledge, Meliodas and the others panicked about the rouge hybrid.

"Help!" the older shepherd whimpered.

"Meliodas, what in the world has happened to Lady (Y/N)?"

"She's gone nuts, that's for sure. But knowing her, she's not that cruel to rip someone's limbs off. She will break most of them though. Look after this kid for a sec, okay?"

"O-okay!"

Meliodas ran forward sneakily, but he ringing of a bell stopped him. Suddenly, a Holy Knights appeared before him.

"Who are you?"

"I am Holy Knight Ruin. Member of the Weird Fangs, and bringer of ruin to the Seven Deadly Sins and the Nephilim."

"Hey! Was it you who cast that weird spell on (Y/N)?"

"What's he saying? That is (Y/N)."

(Y/N) formed her sword in her hand and shot down to Meliodas.

"Turn (Y/N) back to normal!" He quickly jumped out of the way and behind (Y/N). He gave a strong kick to her back and made her fly back a few feet before regaining her composure.

She gripped her sword stronger and launched herself at him again. He saw her coming but he barely reacted in time to deflect her strike. The rough collision between their swords sent them both plummeting down, making large cracks within the earth.

(Y/N) recovered first and darted to Meliodas as he was shakily getting up. Despite being the powerful Captain of the Sins, he knew that battling the elegant Nephilim was going to be a difficult challenge to overcome. After all, she is best known to be incredibly dominating during a battle. They were both in a pinch, since their power levels were pretty much even.

Loud explosions and destruction were heard clearly as they both hit each other back and forth. (Y/N) switch back to her dagger method and Meliodas grudgingly had to evade her attacks. He was worn out from the constant running at top speed while defending, evading, and attacking. On the other hand, (Y/N) kept healing the wounds she received and was barely worn out from continuously battling.

"You're tough for such a puny Holy Knight!" (Y/N) growled irritatedly.

"You're pretty fast for such a (short/tall) Holy Knight!" he countered. The game of cat and mouse continued a while longer.