29

"Wow." I let out a large breath as I see myself in the grand mirror. "I cannot stand these extravagant events, but I sure do feel like a princess." I mumble as my hands smooth out the powder blue fabric.

"Now all we have to do is make our entrance." I roll my eyes as I grasp my clutch and head towards the door.

Sebastian is already downstairs, because apparently I am meant to make an entrance with Logan because these old folk believe Luna's are below Alphas and not equals. Or at least lower until the degrading ceremony and extravagant wedding.

I refuse to have Sebastian and I go ahead with some mating ritual in front of the elders or the pack. I will never partake in that and Sebastian would never allow it either.

"Are you decent?!" A shout booms and I turn to see Logan with his hands over his eyes.

"Yes Logan." I giggle before walking towards him.

"Wow." He lets out a small breath before sticking out his hand to me. "You clean up very nicely."

"You as well." I smile before grabbing his arm and leaving my room.

This night can either go as planned or be a shit show. I'm hoping it remains calm and as planned but I have a bad feeling that it won't be perfect and put together. Nothing in my life is.

"Does Bastian know everything about this council? Does he know what exactly what will occur tonight?"

"He's been a part of the council for years. It was originally his father and then it was passed on. He should know exactly what's occurring but it's the council. They enjoy blindsiding their own."

Great.

"What do you mean by blindsiding? What are they going to murder someone or poison my food?" I roll my eyes yet again.

"No, but they have been known to make some awfully insulting comments and all around make people want to flee in tears. Usually not the alphas but the Luna's. This is a test sweetheart. Don't let them break you."

"They won't win very easily." I hiss as I step foot into the ballroom. As my eyes land on Sebastian it earns me his classic smirk.

"I don't like losing." I add before finally letting go of Logan's arm and walking confidentially over to my mate.

"Now Reece are you going to tell us who this is?" Voices sound as I approach and I take no time latching my arm with Bash's.

"This is Jenifer Harris, my Luna."

"Pleasure to meet you Alpha." I bow my head slightly before returning my gaze to Sebastian.

"May I steal Sebastian from you for a moment?" I fake a small innocent laugh and the brooding man nods.

"Of course. We'll continue this conversation later."

"Thank you for getting me out of that beautiful." He goes to kiss me and I place my hands on his chest.

"What, I don't get a kiss?" He asks playfully and I feel the heat coming to my cheeks. "You know we're allowed to kiss in public right?"

"You know I'm not the showy type Bastian. I enjoy keeping it between us." I fix his tie slightly before kissing him lightly. "You look extremely handsome."

"You didn't give me the chance to tell you how incredible you look." He grabs my hand before spinning me around. "Are you sure you don't like getting dressed up?" He teases. "Because you sure as hell look good doing it?"

"I can't say I hate it." I whisper back while keeping my body close to his.

"Alpha Reece!" A voice calls and I see Logan rushing towards us. "There's a problem." He gets close to the two of us and grabs his Alphas arm.

"What do you mean and why are you being formal?" Bash grits through his teeth.

"Because we're at the councils gathering and the council is trying to test Jen. They're going to make a scene, I overheard someone talking about it."

"What do you mean by a scene? You're talking gibberish."

"They want to make a scene and draw attention to your relationship. They're notorious for shaming and trying to make it seem as if the women are incapable of maintaining composure or being stoic." He lets go of Bash and turns to me. "You need to stay strong and be the Jen we know you can be."

"You cannot trust a word that is said tonight until after you leave this room. The only people you can listen to are Logan and I. Not even your brother, if he shows up." Bash looks me dead in the eye and I nod in agreement.

This cannot go well.

"Bastian what are they going to do?" I ask as I feel the panic bubbling within me. "Please make sure they don't hurt me."

Everything has lead to this moment. I have maintained most of my composure recently but today it could all go to shit.

I don't feel safe.

"Jenifer if they try to humiliate you I can't step in because they'll take my pack from me. They'll claim that I'm weak. I am not condoning this but they'll do whatever they please regardless of if it's okay."

"Humiliate me?"

"They did it to my mother and my father couldn't do anything about it. I'm not sure what they'll do to break you but if they hurt me or Logan you cannot step in. You don't give in because Logan and I can take whatever they give to us."

"Why are we here?" I cross my arms over my chest and he runs circles on my back.

"Alphas! Please take your seats along with our betas and Luna's." A voice echoes and I keep my head as high as possible.

"Except for Alpha Reece and his future Luna. Please stay standing."

"Logan take a seat." Bash orders and Logan places a kiss on my head before going to our table.

"Jenifer Harris, sister of Alpha Harris. We had the pleasure of meeting Jenifer yesterday however the council has concerns. Concerns regarding her ability to lead and stay strong. Jenifer please step forward and away from your mate. You will be spending time in another room."

"Look at me Jen. Whatever they do you are stronger than you think. I can't step in but you know I love you and that right after we can go back home. We will go back home and it'll be okay." He grips onto my arms and I nod back.

If he's panicked, then I should be.

And he had a right to be once I stepped foot into that room.