20

"How are your parents? Are they going to do what mine did?" I ask while playing with the hair tie that's on my wrist.

"I mean this with as much respect as possible, but my parents are nothing like yours." He laughs.

"There doesn't need to be any respect in that sentence. They're awful and I know it."

"Mine are very warm and fuzzy which can get to be a bit much, but other than that you'll love them." He assures me before turning the doorknob to the large white door.

"Sebastian?! Is that you dear?" A high pitched voice calls the moment we step inside and I try my hardest to take in my surroundings. "Oh look at you, you look like you haven't slept in days. Honey you need to relax." The woman, who the voice belongs to, comes up and places her hands on Bash's face.

"Mom I'm fine. Everything is fine." He smiles back and she gives him a warning look before stepping back and turning towards me.

"And who might this be?" She teases. "I'm assuming this is my future daughter in law?" She asks which earns a small chuckle from both Bash and I.

"Yes, this is Jenifer. Jenifer meet my mom."

"Oh honey it's so great to meet you. The girls love you and speak so highly about you. I've been waiting for Bash to bring you over." She immediately pulls me into a hug and I try to relax.

"It's been a bit hectic recently right Bash?" I look up at him for an excuse and thankfully my boy isn't too dense.

"Yes I've been caught in paperwork with Alpha Harris. Not to mention I've been making sure Garrett got settled after what he went through. Although it wasn't that bad. He's just awfully dramatic."

"You can say that again." I mumble in agreement.

"Well why don't we get you settled in. Come on." She leads me away from Bash and I give him 'help me eyes' which only gets me a thumbs up.

"Girls, your brother and Jen are here." Her voice calls upstairs and she's  met with the sound of heavy footsteps followed by the appearance of the two youngest.

"Where's Sebastian?" Steph asks before looking behind me and running in the direction of the front door. "I found him." She cheers before giving her brother a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you?" The soft voice of Lacey asks and I feel my heart swell at her kindness.

"I'm good sweetie. What about you? How was your week?"

"It was good. I had some schoolwork but it was good." She shrugs before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the kitchen.

"Mommy. Jen helped Michelle that night."

Okay not good timing for this.

"Honey why don't you leave Jen and I to talk a little bit. You can go back to playing upstairs or go talk to your brother." She places down her cutting knife and I take a seat at the counter.

"Before you say anything I didn't want to intrude on how you parent your children or anything of that matter. I just-."

"Thank you." She cuts me off. "I'm not angry or annoyed at all Jenifer. You managed to get past the grizzly bear and get my daughter home safe without making any of this harder on her. You did more than enough and I'm very grateful."

I'll take that any day considering I thought she was going to be mad at me.

"However, I know that this effected you because a little birdie called his mom when he didn't know how to help you."

"I see."

"Now he didn't tell me any specifics, rather he was just awfully concerned and wanted you to feel safe. He's a worry wort wether he cares to admit it or not. Not to mention he hates not knowing what to do but he's been like that his whole life." She rambles slightly and I smile at the interesting facts about Bash.

"As for him being so protective over you, it's because he was searching for quite some time before you showed up. He's been so much happier since you got here."

"Has he?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Of course. He's finally acting more his age and less like his father. I know he's head of the pack but he doesn't give himself enough time to act like a twenty three year old. I mean those two boys definitely make it easier for him. Garrett too but he's just a necessity on the business end who happens to get along well with them."

"Garrett's gotten close to having my fist in his face if I'm being honest. He doesn't know what happened, but here he is assuming information and thinking he's top priority."

"Garrett is temperamental. He doesn't understand that not everything is black and white. Different circumstances can lead a person to change their ways. Sebastian may have acted a certain way before he met you, but now that he has you in his life he acts different in some aspects of life."

"Speaking of my son. How has he been treating you? He's not getting too involved in work to be with you, right?"

"No of course not. In fact, I think he's been too worried about me recently and not focusing on his work." I pull the sleeves of my sweatshirt down to cover my hands before wrapping my arms around my body.

For a wolf I get cold way too often.

"As long as he's paying you the attention you deserve. On another note, I don't know very much about you so let's start with the basics." She smiles and I giggle at the thought of favorite colors being asked.

"Well I'm twenty and my brother is Alpha Harris, but I have no other siblings. I don't really know how I'm supposed to be a Luna because I'm awful at being refined and proper. I can't cook and I'm awful at hosting events. I don't know why the goddess made me the mate to an Alpha. I'm really lacking in the departments necessary for this position." I ramble on and she shakes her head laughing.

"Sebastian can cook so you'll be fine. As for being refined you don't need to be. You're twenty and as long as people respect Bash as Alpha you're fine. You also won't be planning events alone. I will always be here to help you. You were made his because you're perfect for him. He wouldn't do well with someone who was obedient and never moved out of line. He needs someone who fits his lifestyle and fits in well with Logan and Hudson. You are perfect for him Jenifer. Don't speak lowly of yourself."

"It comes with years of being told you'd be an awful Luna by your own parents."

"Well I've never heard something further from the truth. You're more than capable and I'm happy that you're a part of our family. Anytime you want to stop by and get away from the boys, come over. You can take Bash's old room and just relax. I'll even teach you how to cook if it'll make you less stressed."

"I might just take you up on that offer."