06

APRIL 7 1987, Aberdeen WA

Emma's POV

I had just finished school and Kurt was suppose to pick me up and take me to my doctors appointment. Dr Smith was pretty cool and anytime I come in without my mother he never said anything even though it was mandatory under the age of 18 to have her with me. Although I'd be 18 in a month.

I waited an hour for him to pick me up and he never came. I called him. Multiple times. I didn't want to tell him why I went to the doctor but I needed my anxiety meds. I didn't want him to think I was more of a sack of absolute hell. I mean. He doesn't even know about my father but he never asked either.

I decided walking home was the best option. I wasn't about to call Danny as I'm refusing to bother him. Krist and Shelli are doing their monthly grocery shopping. And I'd rather die then speak to my mother at the moment.

I knocked on the front door and I didn't get an answer to that. I use the spare key Shelli told me about it their plotted plant and walked in.

The house was mostly clean accept for the kitchen table that was a mess. There were two macaroni cups on the table. Either Kurt had a bad day and was hungry or someone was over.

"Kurt?" I yelled. No response. My head was hurting. I held my head and walked to the bathroom to open the medicine cabinet. I had two pills left in the anxiety so I took them earlier. I only had my emergency case. Full of 20 Incase I ever need them. Danny always thought I'd use them wrongly as I was apparently always mopping around even if I never even let the thought cross my mind.

I heard a thud. Someone was here. I ran into the guest room and there it was. A girl with long black hair had on A Pixies shirt.

It wasn't just a Pixies shirt but the one I was in not two long ago. Kurt sat still in shock as I busted in. I knew what this meant.

Kurt Cobain had a girlfriend.

•••

Emma was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Beavis and Butthead. She tried watching her favorite show and instead of laughing she pointed out all the stupid things they did.

Kurt walked in the living room slightly feeling guilty for a reason he couldn't explain. "Hey mush." Kurt jumped over the couch and brought an arm over Emma's shoulder.

"What." Emma said coldly. Kurt seemed to feel ashamed as he looked down.

"Sorry I never I got to telling you about Tracy." He said softly.

"You think that's what I'm mad at?" Emma mumbled. "Do you think that's what is fucking wrong!" She said louder.

"Yes..." Kurt said unsure.

"Do you know what today is?" Emma asked standing up.

"The seventh." Kurt said confused to why she was mad if it wasn't Tracy.

"And who had a doctor appointment the 7th?" Emma said.

"I'm guessing you?" Kurt said.

"Kurt do you even listen to me? I told you last week I needed you to take me to Olympia for my doctor appointment." She said.

Kurt seemed to still be out of it.

"So you don't care about my girlfriend?" Kurt's said. You dumbass. Emma thought.

"I have bigger problems then who you sleep with Kurt." Emma said rudely walking out the front door.

"Where are you going?" Kurt said rushing to the doorframe to talk to her.

"Chads." Emma said.

"The hell you are." Kurt ran in front of her.

"Emma I can tell you're hurt right now but don't go to chads you know how he is." Kurt said.  Emma tried to walk away from him but he grabbed her arm hard enough to hold her but soft enough to not hurt her.

"Emma please don't go I'm begging you to believe me." He said his face close to hers.

"You know I did and look where I am now." She said. Her face now close enough to Kurt's to head his fast breathing pattern. "If chads such a bad guy why's he in your band huh?" She said snarky. He didn't have a response.

"I'm not letting you leave right now." He said refusing to let her go. "I don't care." She spat Before pulling out of his grasp and walking in the direction of chads house.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I don't think chad is terrible but it's a story and I needed to spice up things between the pair. I also don't think Tracy is evil but it just fits my Story better.