day twenty

||DAY 20

The days were so long and monotonous to the point that night began to bleed into morning and day began to seep into meaningless twilight. The sliver of hope Lana had was waning- fast.

Every time she tried to ask him questions, he either would avoid it, or give her some response that she hadn't expected, nor really wanted. She was beginning to question why she thought it would be easy in the first place. Just trying to get through one of these days was hard enough, like she carried the weight of a million on her shoulders.

But all she had were endless hours and endless thoughts that got her nowhere.

In particular, she often found her mind drifting off to her family. She had promised herself that she wouldn't think about them, only because it caused a stabbing clench in her chest each time she did. She didn't want to think about what they were going through.

Her mother, and her fragile heart.

Her father, and the thick suit of armour that he wore- always, always being the brick wall the family needed when things went wrong.

And then, there was her- the girl who had been stolen.

"You're our precious little girl," they would always tell her. "And so long as we have you, we couldn't be happier."

But their little girl had been taken.

So where did that leave them now?

Was her dad strong enough for the two of them?

Could they ever be happy without her?

There was no telling from the little cabin house in middle of the forest.