Chapter 3: Because Teddy-Timmy is the only one that needs a bed

Liz' POV

'I missed you so much baby!' My Mom pulled me in another dead-hug. A tear rolled down her face as she combed my hair with her hand.

I heard footsteps on the stairs, and out of habit I tensed. That was until I saw a little boy standing halfway. He looked at me with big eyes. I was not sure if he recognized me, he had probably never seen a good picture of me. At least not one where I look a bit like how I look now. His hair was red and his eyes gold-brown. 'L-Liz?' I nodded. He did recognize me. He ran downstairs and the last inches between us. He hugged me like that is what he is used to do. I felt and heard him swallow as I stroke away the tear on his cheek. He was clearly studying me as he did a step backwards. 'You're dirty.' He stated. A little smile appeared on my face as my Mom nodded in agreement.

'Come on, baby, I'll cut your hair.' I followed her to the kitched and watched her grab a scissor. 'Sit down and don't move.' I did as she told me and she started cutting. Large tufts of hair fell on the ground.

I took a deep breath. 'Please tell me that you've done this before!'

She laughed. 'Well... This isn't the first time... Maybe the second time.' She laughed and another tuft of hair fell on the ground. 'But don't worry, your hair is so incredibly long that we can still go to a professional after this!'

She sighed and stopped cutting my hair. 'Honey.... You need to know, that ehm, you can talk to me about it, you know that right?'

I nodded and ran my hand through my hair. 'Mom.... Do I still have a bedroom?'

'Oh yes! Do you still remember where it is?' I saw a tear in the corner of her eye as I shook my head.

My room was bright pink, because I -apparenly- liked that as a little girl. My mother left me alone for the first time after I came home. The bed was meant for a little girl, not for me. My Mom clearly didn't change anything after I left.

I did a step forward to my bed. I got a flashback as I saw the pink sheets.

'NO! No!' I burst out crying. I ran to the hall and sat down against the wall. Tears streamed down my face as I took another look at the teddybear in my hand. Timmy. My mother named my little brother after my teddybear. I buried my head in my hands and let the tears flow. I slowly lifted my head as I felt a hand on my shoulder. Timmy sat down besides me with his arm around me and he laid his head down on my shoulder.

After a while he spoke to me. 'How did you escape?' His head was still on my shoulder and his arm was still around me.

'You know Nick, right? He helped me.' He lifted his head and he looked at me with a surprised look on his face. 'It's actually a pretty thrilling story, and - SHIT! That damn man is probably still there!'

'Don't know what you did to him... But if you didn't kill him, he's probably gone sis.' He was right and I knew it. I sat down again and hugged my little brother. 'Maybe we should get us something to eat... You look like you're starving. Mom is gone... She is telling the police that you're back!'

He stood up and walked away. A few minutes later he came back. 'I ordered pizza!' The last time I ate that was 11 years ago. I don't even rember the taste.

'That...That was just like a piece of heaven!' We just finished the cheese pizza Timmy ordered. I lent back against the couch and let out a sigh.

'Oh come on! It wasn't that good!' Timmy laughed.

'Well okay... Why don't you eat air and bread for eleven whole years, let's see what you think about this pizza after that!'

Timmy stood up. 'I,' he stated, 'am on a mission!'