Prologue

Hello everybody! I decided to write my first story... EVER! So let me know what you think (if I totally suck, just tell me!) If you have advice, I'd like to hear it as well!

Sorry if I spell things wrong, I'm Dutch... :x

Enjoy! :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not everyday goes as you wish it would. Sometimes you can make it better, sometimes you can only make it worse. But no matter how it goes, everyday can change your life, if it's bad or good. You can wish the bad days were better, but who would you be, where would you be, if you actually could change it? How would you be if you didn't know sadness? Happiness isn't happiness when you live it everyday. You need sadness to separate those times.

~~

'Oh here it is mom!' I grabbed the ball out of the bushes and started to look for my mother.

She was standing by the big tree waiting for me to throw the ball back to her. I threw it and, of course, she caught it. She can do anything.

She laughed, lifted her head and pointed to the sky.

'Look honey! Isn't that a beautiful bird?' I looked up. It really was a beautiful bird. Just as I was about to ask what kind of a bird it was, the phone rang.

'Wait on the sidewalk, sweety. I'll be right back. She put down the ball. It rolled away. I tried to catch it but I was too late. The ball started to roll faster and faster.

'Don't worry, I've got it!' A foot stepped on the ball. I looked up. A tall man with a deep voice looked down on me. He picked it up, and just as I was about to take the ball from him, he pulled it away.

'That's not fair!' I stated. The tall man started laughing. It was a deep laugh, exuberant.

'It's okay! I'll give you a prettier one, trust me!' He winked. 'Come on! Don't be shy! I'll give it to you! It's in my car, follow me.' I hesitated for a moment. I decided to follow him, what could go wrong? He was only going to give me a new and prettier ball!

'Tall man? What does the ball look like?' He laughed his exuberant laugh.

'It's pink, and it has baby animals on it! I'm sure you are going to love it, Liz!' Wait a minute...

'How do you know my name?' I stopped walking. I looked up and he looked down.

'You're such an adorable little girl, of course I know your name! I am a friend of your father.' I never met my father. He left after my birth. Out of curiosity I shrugged my shoulders and continued following him.

His car was a white van with a scratch right above the rear wheel. The windows were black. Suddenly he grabbed my arms and legs and lifted me up from the ground. I wanted to scream, but I was so surprised that I couldn't make a sound. I gasped. What was he going to do with me?

He tied my arms together wih a rope and around me ankles he did a chain.

He stuffed my mouth with a towel and taped my lips together.

He laid me down in his car, and closed the door. He ran to his side of the car and drove away.

From far away I heard my mom screaming my name. I realized that I wouldn't go home anytime soon, so I closed my eyes and thought about my mother.

After a long and scary ride to some place far away, we were finally there. The tall man opened the door and picked me up roughly. He carried me inside, I felt the temperature changing.

I heard a women screaming. 'What did you do?! She is so young! How old is she anyway? 6?7? You can't use her as a slave! Release her!' She sounded scared. I heard a smack and the women started crying. The tall man hit her. That wasn't good.

He ripped the tape from my mouth. I spat out the towel.

'I'm not going to get my ball, am I?' I narrowed my eyes.

'Listen, Liz. From now on, you do whatever I tell you, if you like it or not!' He showed me a gun. 'You are going to pretend like we are your bosses and you're going to learn how to cook, clean and wash clothes. We will not accept any rejection! You will obey!' I started to cry.

'But.... I'm only 6 years old!' He sighed.

'I repeat: you will obey!' He slapped me in my face.

He led me to the basement. He did a chain on both my wrists. The chain was hanging on the wall. It was too high for me, I had to stand on my toes.The basement was empty. It smelled weird and there was only one stroke of light.

He hit me again. He smiled and winked, then he left. I heard him closing the door with a key.

I am going to be here for a very long time.

-----------------------------------------------

Comment, vote, feedback, I love it all!