Chapter 8: Simply because heaven is a one way trip

Nick's POV

When I came home from school I immediatly walked to his alter. It was in the middle of the living room, in front of the tv. Nobody really felt like watching tv now, and we had like 5 others in the house. Almost in every room was an alter. Except for in my mothers room, there was some reason that she didn't want that. I tried making one for her, but she removed it. She told me she didn't want to be reminded of him. After that she went to the living room and stared at the alter for a couple of hours.

Soon after I came home, Rebecca came home too. 'Hey Babybunny!'

'Rebecca.' I said greeting her, sounding not really happy.

'Aww, come on,' she laid her arms around me and hugged me. Not that I really wanted it, but she wanted it so I was kinda forced to hug her. 'Someday it will be okay, I promise you,' she whispered in my ear.

I ignored the goosebumps I got from it and did a step backwards. 'You know that he's not coming back, right? Heaven is a one way trip, in case you didn't know.'

She nodded. 'I know. But someday you will die too, and then you'll meet him again!' For some reason that sounded even more creepy than everything she had ever said to me. I shivered and looked at her, waiting for her to explain. 'Come on! It's true and you know it,' after that she turned around and went to the kitchen for god knows what.

I shivered again and went upstairs, before the blond devil came back and followed me. I wanted to be alone and she clearly didn't understand that. When I just heard my father actually died, all she did was stick to me, never leaving me alone and held me like I was a baby. What I actually wanted to do? Run away from her, into Liz' arms. But apparently, my brain is even weirder than I ever thought it was. When I saw Liz after I heard the news about my father, I simply avoided her! Stupid, stupid me. But I surely am glad I sang the song. Staring at me was better than saying that she didn't want to date me, right? But I didn't really care about her now, I just wanted to have some time to think about my father.

The funeral would be soon, so I prepared singing for him. I wanted to sing something that expressed my feelings for my father and how I feel about him dieing.

Half-way into singing, Rebecca came standing by the door. 'I don't like it,' she stated.

'Too bad for you,' I answered.

'Take another song for the funeral!'

'No! Why would I?!'

'Because I'm your girlfriend and you need to do as I tell you!' She pointed at me with her indexfinger, like a younger version of my mother. Suddenly the thought came up; if I married her, I would marry a younger version of my mother! If I had kids, they would have the same horrible mother as I have now. Eww.

'You shut up, Rebecca! I am not your boyfriend! You wish I was,' I screamed and put down my guitar. 'I don't even like you! I like Liz!' I gasped as I confessed.

'You liar!'

'I didn't lie a single word. You are the most horrible person in the world, together with my mother. I don't like you and I've never liked you!'

'Why?' A tear rolled over her cheek as I yelled at her.

'Why I don't like you? Ha! Way to many reasons! Like you sticking on to me, you ruining my dates with Liz! Everything!'

Her mouth dropped open. 'Leave. Now.'

'So now I can leave? Geez... Thanks!' I ran out of the house, ignoring my mother screaming my name. Right now I would think about myself.

As I ran past the school, I noticed several girls staring at me. Hoping they didn't notice me, I ran harder. I only noticed I reached to forest when I stopped to catch my breath. I sat down besides a tree and pulled out my vibrating phone.