eighth march

It's March and Holt and I are planning our wedding

We've got our venue. We'll do the ceremony at the botanical garden I brought him a few times. We both love it there. His phone's screensaver is a picture of me in that garden. He took it without me noticing, back when his mother had just died. He actually took like a hundred pictures of me that day. It really is a mystery to me how long it took him to figure out his feelings.

They have a hall for receptions so we'll do ours there too.

So the biggest issue is sort of covered but we still have details to figure out. Like our invitations. We really need to get them send so we're trying to talk this over.

So we're both sitting on our couch, our backs on an armrest each, facing each other, our legs hooked together, trying to figure out which font works best.

"You know it's strange, I never really pictured myself getting married. I guess any time I tried to imagine it in my head, it just felt wrong," Holt suddenly says.

I look up from my lap top at him and smile. "Probably because you were picturing a chick in a white dress walking your way and not a stud in a tux."

Holt chuckles at that. "Probably."

"You know, all of this preparation and fussing about all the little details, it doesn't really matter right?" I feel the need to remind him.

Holt rolls his eyes. "That's why you argued about flowers on the invitation for an hour?"

"I was being cute," I reply with a grin.

"Of course you were," my husband-to-be says and rolls his eyes again.

"Look, the only thing that matters is you and me saying yes to each other. Everything else is superficial," I say, looking in his eyes.

Holt puts his own computer down and comes up to me, cuddling in my arms. "I know."

I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. I'm only ever truly content when Holt is in my arms. It's my home. I kiss his hair and rub his back. Holt sighs contently tucking his head beneath my chin. "And if you want peonies, we'll put peonies,"

Holt's whole body shakes with laughter, his hold around me tightening. "Oh my god, Boo, I literally do not care, you've been arguing with yourself over this forever."

"Well, forever is what you'll be agreeing to. Only seems fitting," I answer and hold him tighter too.