third february

It's February and Keith and I are pushing for our deadline.

We have hundred of hours of interview to edit, trying to pick what's most relevant, trying to not be bias in what we decide makes the cut, trying to convey truth the way it hasn't been for these people.

It's tricky making a documentary about how easily truth can be constructed and not making up stuff ourselves just for the sake of sensationalism. It's so easy to make things more dramatic for shock value. It's so easy to diminish what really happened or to only show one side of the story, the side we might prefer.

So we have to edit, but we also need to voice over. Keith says my voice is more smoothing and since I've done the interviews it makes sense that it's me talking again. I don't mind, but it just means more work for me.

Exhaustion doesn't even begin to cover it. It gets to a point where I get home, fall asleep on the couch because I don't have the energy to get to my room, but then wake up in my bed with no memory of how I got there. I'm pretty sure I'm sleepwalking and that's kind of dangerous because if I start heading to Holt's room instead that could probably be catastrophic.

Luckily, Holt seems to be understanding. He's always got coffee ready for me whenever I wake up. We don't talk much because he can see how exhausted I am, but I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not doing it because I'm mad or anything. It's just because speaking requires too much effort.

I'm happy to be producing something of my own with Keith and I'm happy with what our documentary is slowly turning out to be, but I also can't wait to actually sleep and have a normal schedule.

I've been running away from my life, from Holt, for long enough now.