18| Bring it On

TRICIA

Right after Skipper's exit, I excused myself.

"Tita, I'll just make a call. I forgot to say something important to my EA," I politely said to Tita Tats.

"Sure, hiija. You, Amante's really are workaholic," Tita Tatiana laughed.

I gave out a brief smile then I went out of the studio.

"You really came," Nexus Vergara cockily said as he approached me. He gently held me by my elbow then leaned down for a gentle kiss on the cheek. "How do you find our empire? Not as flashy as your family's, right?"

"No comparison needed. We're of different industries," I smiled.

Nexus stared at me for a while with an arrogant smirk on his devilish face. Damn, I wanna ask Justin to wipe his face off!

"Are you sure about this?" Nexus asked in a hush voice.

I smirked at him. "I won't ask you to do that if I'm not."

"You're that confident? That he's already head over heels in love with you, that the ex doesn't matter anymore?" Nexus raised a brow.

The fastest way to give impression of wisdom is to say nothing, so I chose not to answer his stupid question.

"What if this plan backfire?" Nexus challenged.

I shrugged. "I never placed a bet on a risk. No matter what the outcome is, it'll be on my favor."

I am the one behind Darlene Aiyana's invitation for this collection. I asked Nexus to make sure that that Aiyana will be on the list of the shortlisted models.

And now, I have to make sure that she'll be chosen from many. According to Coco, Aiyana has the skills and air of a top-level model. This must not be hard for her.

But surely, she won't come this far if not for me. Kung hindi ako makikielam, wala s'yang mararating. Utang na loob n'ya sa akin ang lahat.

"Aren't you digging your own grave?" Nexus asked with a frown. "Other ladies can't keep calm and always have an issue about their man's ex. While you..." he smirked. "Ikaw pa talaga ang naglalapit sa kanila? Is this some kind of test? What if the odds would go against you? Masasaktan ka lang." He said that but his tone doesn't have any hint of concern on it.

I simply shrugged.

Nexus owe me a lot so he's doing what I am asking him to do. It's good to keep people like him. Ang utang na loob ay hindi kailanman nababayaran. I have him on my palm.

Kung may masasaktan dito, siguradong hindi ako 'yon.

"Are you sure?" I asked Justin, still surprised from what he said earlier.

Justin nodded then handed me some files.

A victorious smile took over my face.

"Seems that she dug her own grave. I don't have do anything. All that's left is for them to meet, and for Skipper to find out about all her skeletons," I smirked.

"It's easier if we leak it on media. She's quite known on the social circle, lady Tricia," Justin suggested.

I shook my head. "I want a slow burn for her. She has to fall, slowly and painfully."

I was pulled from my pool of thoughts when Skipper caressed my cheek.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Skipper asked. "What were you thinking?"

I smiled at him then shook my head. "It's about work. I just had a call with Leila."

Skipper smiled at me. "Ever so dedicated, baby."

"Hi," I smiled to Artamiel.

"Hey," he smiled back, pilit nga lang.

Skipper gently guided me back to the studio. I was seated between Miel and Tita Tats. Skipper was behind his lens as he'll be the photographer for this collection.

All models were called. Skipper explained how vital this collection will be for the upcoming year. It will be for the golden anniversary of G&S, and it was planned to be the most extravagant since the brand's foundation.

My eyes skipped from model to model.

I inwardly smirked when I didn't see a particular model.

Seems like someone loves to make a grand entrance.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Bitch.

All heads were turned on the entrance. Not bad. Is that how you make an impression?

If this is my company, I would not hire an unpunctual person. How can you serve good if you don't have respect for others' time? That's shamelessness.

But this is show business, and people here think differently. The bigger the fish is, the more rotten it is. Disappointing.

I watched Skipper's reaction but he didn't give away any.

Seems like he was given a head up. He's not a bit surprised the moment. Parang inaasahan na n'ya.

And this is where the entertainment begin.

I relaxed on my seat.

I'll let this people amaze me.

This day, everything will be for my entertainment. And the lead star will be the girl on a latest Chanel dress. I have one on my closet. It was delivered this morning, but because she wore the same dress, I'll have to give it away on my handmaiden.

I clenched my fists on the handle of my bag.

How dare her have the same dress as mine?

I smirked when the thought popped in my mind.

Of course, she can afford. Considering what she is right now. Who she became after going to her father's land.

I wanna smirked when our eyes met. But I decided to stay passive anyway.

The envious, anger, and grief I saw in her eyes excites me.

I gave her a gentle and friendly smile.

I wanna laugh as her face shifted into confusion.

A good businessman can confuse things in black and white. And I was honed to be one.

You can't win a war against me, Darlene Aiyana. Step on my way, and I'll ruin you. Touch what's mine, and you'll lose yourself. Hurt me, I'll give you a taste of hell.

And it was hell of an amusement when she raised a brow on me.

You dare to challenge me? Bring it on.

__________________

09 December 2018