Up until that moment, I only associated love with two people: Maggie and Brayden. But Rikki's words hit me like a tidal wave.

And the wave drowned me. I needed air.

I felt guilty, running from Abigail like that. I looked back and saw her face, covered with sadness and sorrow. I noticed the way my heart jolted when I saw her not happy, and my emotions seemed to be confirmed at that moment.

I was in love with that Green-eyed beauty.

And I should've realised when I got myself permanently inked for her. I should've realised when I saw how accepting she was of Brayden. I should've realised when I was almost constantly craving her companion.

And I felt like a douchebag for thinking love was pathetic because it made one clingy.

But it's made me so much happier.

And these thoughts were the ones that invaded my mind as I stalked back and forth. I realised that this was the first time ever that I wanted a girl to stay. Permanently.

Fishing my phone out of my pocket, I dialled Maggie. It took a few rings before she finally picked up.

"You are late, young boy! Where are y-" she began in a cranky voice, but I cut in before she could continue.

"I'm not coming home tonight" I quickly said, fearing her response.

"What?!" She exclaimed on the other end. I quickly explained my train of thought, trying to reason with her. After my explanation, she sighed. "Well, I hope it works out for you, dear. It's the first time anyone's made you forget Brayden" she joked, although it offended me.

"I have not forgotten Brayden. I'm doing this for Brayden too. It's about time he had a motherly figure in his life. And he actually likes Abigail" I responded. On the other end, I heard her sigh.

"Well, good luck"

"Thanks Ma"

ABIGAIL'S POV

Being the pathetic girl I am, I was sniffling instead of sleeping. I just couldn't tell my heart to get over it. I lay under my covers trying to fall asleep. I ended watching the clock strike 12, my mind still wide awake.

Midnight. Fairytale. Cinderella. Dancing with a Prince. Prince. Nate.

And my stupid train of thoughts lead me back to him. I heaved a sigh, wandering what he meant by running from me. Was that supposed to be his ball-less way of declaring that we were already done? Was he giving up on the thought of us? Maybe he went to meet his other girlfriend? I shook myself out the haze and tried to concentrate on sleeping again.

In the quiet night, my phone suddenly went off, causing me to shriek with fright and leap up. Rikki came running through my door just as I picked up my phone.

"What's wrong? What is it?" She said frantically.

"My phone rang randomly" I said sheepishly. Rikki glared at me for a couple of seconds, but I awkwardly shrugged. "It was loud" She huffed and slammed the door shut on the way out, causing me to flinch. I finally directed my eyes to my phone screen.

One missed call from Nate

My heart leapt. I felt like I should just give him the cold shoulder for running away like a pussy. But then again, I wanted to call him and pour my heart out to him. I sat there, thinking about my dilemma when my phone blared again.

"Turn your motherfucking phone off" I heard Rikki's voice shout through the walls. I quickly picked up the call, feeling guilty for ruining Rikki's sleep.

He's A Bad Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें