Ch. 2 Death and Rebirth pt. 2

Start from the beginning

'Im sure you would like it here Mom and Dad..'

He looked around and observed his surroundings. There he saw their small wooden house. The plains of rice paddys where their family farmed.

Sai's eyes landed on his clothes and examined his outfit. It was a raggedy dark green loose robe. The way it was put together and worn, along with the distinctive design made him realize that this was not the same with those from Reilon or even from the whole continent of Euten.

This scenery was vastly different from the european middle ages he got accustomed to in his previous life. Instead it's replaced by the humble east asian farm life.

Sai felt nostalgic, somehow it reminded him of his life in earth.

'The eastern continent..'

The Eastern Continent of Sinen is formed by many different groups of islands and archipelagoes, different from the massive landmass that was the continent of Euten where Surdeis spent the remainder of his life.

Aside from the lost art of harnessing Ki, Surdeis knew very little about this continent. He knew little to nothing about other continents now that he had thought about it.

Sai sat by the river and closed his eyes. Soft sounds of rustling grass being swept by the wind entered his ears as the gentle summer air breezed at his body.

Sai meditated and focused on sensing the mana circulating within. It flowed like a small trickling water. Comparing it to when he first came here he cant help but see the difference with the mana contained within this weakly body.

'Even at level 1 the mana is the same with those of a level 5 human'

Sai felt the demon blood pulsating from his heart. It was what made the mana more dense. Concentrating even further, he found a mysterious yet familiar condensed mana he can't yet figure out.

'The inherent mana of the demon blood isnt something to laugh at-''

ping

[You now have learned <Mana Sense>]

Sai was startled when a notice popped up on his eyesight.

'It took me a week to learn Mana Sense before. Does that mean-'

"Sai? Sai!!"

His thoughts were interrupted by a female voice calling out to him.

'I, this body know this person..'

"Rei?"

Rei Tsuriyama. This girl is 14 by now, the same age as Sai. Her long silky black hair danced up and down her shoulders as she run towards him with tears streaming down her rose-pink colored cheeks. The white miko (shinto priestess) outfit only added to her pure and vestal charm.

The moment he saw her, memories flooded his brain.

Because they were of the same age and their fathers were friends it was inevetible that they would also be close.

Eventually Sai's weak body became more and more evident and Rei treated him like a little brother she had to protect. Their friendship strengthened when her older brother trained to be a [Gon-Negi], a class similar to [Cleric], to continue the tradition from her mother's side of the family of priesthood and shrine maidens.

"You. You.. I never believed you were dead uhuhuu"

Tears fell on her soft pearl white face and her rosy cheeks turn red.

"Looks like im not ahehe.."

Sai scratched his head after giving an awkward reply.

Looking behind her, he saw hateful gazes on his direction. Sai took a glance towards them.

"The scum lives huh"
"Why don't you go die already."
"Hehehe zombieee~"

Sai unconsciously clenched his fist the moment he saw the group of youth wearing dark blue robes. His body remembered them.

This three are from the Buri clan. One of the three powerful clans serving the feudal lord of their region.

The Buri clan is famous for being supremists. These youths spiteful words to him was only natural since he harbor blood from another race.

Hostility to other races are quite common and scenarios like these can be found throughout the world.

'Scum..'

That word ringed in his head and the image of the policemen that murdered his family surfaced. Rage filled his being. killing intent shot through his eyes as he shakily stood to confront them.

"Huh? Wanna piece of me scum?"
"Scaryy zombieee"

"Don't waste time on insects. Your father is waiting for you at the city"

A pale man wearing an expensive dark blue haori gave him a scornful look as if he was looking at trash before signalling the others to continue walking.

"Tch. Just because this lands belong to those.. Just you wait.."

The youth that seemed the oldest among the three shifted his eyes to Rei and said before leaving with a sinister smile on his face.

[Mana Sense](Sai)

Sai noticed the two had aproximately the mana of a Lvl 8 human. While the eldest had those of a lvl 13 with traces of a Class selection. However the pale man gave an ominous aura that can't be read.

As soon as the group from the Buri clan left, Rei yelled at Sai.

"Don't act rashly! I dont have to remind you how weak you are!" (Rei)

Rei's words were like a splash of cold water. What he did was indeed rash. With their current levels the difference was like a chihuahua and a pitbull.

"..I'm aware of how weak I am" (Sai)

He said with a clenched his fist. Glimpses of his misfortune surfaced on his mind as he thought of his incapabilities.

"Sai, I think you should rest first."(Rei)

Rei said with a worried look on her face. It had been a year since this boy went into coma yet now he's already looking for a deathwish.

"..yeah"

Rei joined him. The two conversed as they walked to his home.

"Im wondering, what year is it?"

"youve been asleep for so long you forgot. Uhmm.."

Rei thought for a moment with a hand in her chin.

"Its the 2nd day of the 3rd moon, year 772 now."

'Year 772'

Sai's head spun as he heard the year. Trying to recollect himself he recalled the years in his previous life.

It was the year 776 when the demon nether portal opened. It was the year 785 when the united demon army and the children of original sin reached the world tree and 'he' died in battle. Wait..

'I travelled back in time?'
....
Rebirth of Calamity ch. 2 End

Writer notes:
*This is what a miko outfit look like