Ch. 2 Death and Rebirth pt. 2

Beginne am Anfang

As soon as he was about to reach the bowl of unknown mess, his body hesitated, but he forced himself to take it. Sai hurriedly took a bite before his body stops him again.

"-urp!"

Absolutely inedible. The rabbit meat was raw. The rice was overcooked and the vegetables werent properly washed.

Sai glanced at Julie's warm motherly face. Somehow her mother's face overlapped with Julie. He had no choice, how can he refuse her when she looked at him like that. Sai forcibly downed the contents of the bowl. With little chewing, Sai just swallowed everything, trying to finish the food as fast as he can without tasting it.

"Your mother's cooking is as good as you remembered it right~" (Julie)

His mother said with a proud smile and a gentle look on her face. Sol however looked like he was praying to god that this boy wont die a second time.

He gasped for air after emptying the bowl.

"Euh....YUP!" (Sai)

Sol looked at Sai with surprise. Sai obviously tried to throw up just now yet managed to say that it was delicious.

"Hehe thats what I thought! How about a second servi-"

Julie scratched her nose being obviously happy but as she was about to mention bringing out another batch Sol stopped her mid-sentence.

"Honey! uh.. I think its time to arrange the harvest"

"No! Sai's still hungry!"

Sol pushed Julie outside their small wooden house. Vin heard the couple conversing about something. Suddenly Julie's angry voice stratled him.

"WHADDYA MEAN HE'LL DIE FROM MY COOKING!?" (Julie)

pang!

A few seconds later, Sol came back with an apologetic smile on his face while scratching the second bulge on his noggin.

"Haha sorry about that. Ill prepare you food next time. Howr'ya feeling"

Sol said with a wide grin to the dumbstruck boy.

Sai was still lost within the depts of his confusion. He shifted his gaze as he tried to gather his thoughts.

He couldnt look at the demon without recalling the atrocity that occured in his previous life.

The demon that was smiling at him was a demon who's goal is to subjugate the world. He can't even forget how a demon's sword sliced his throat and ended his life.

But this one had a child with a human. From what he saw and based on this body's memories, Sol is very different from the demons that he knew.

"I'm uh.. I'm fine. I want to go out for a bit"(Sai)

Sai unsteadily stood as Sol assisted him. He said his thanks then left.

Sai went to a nearby river. His silver unkempt hair and fair skin reflected on the gentle stream. He appeared to be human except for his dark crimson colored pupils and an emerging single horn above his left temple. In curiosity, Sai touched his horn.

'..Half demon..'

Sai inhaled the cool fresh air and basked in the warmth of the bright yellow morning sun as he loosened his stiff body.

He had forgotten what peace felt like and took a moment to breathe in this atmosphere.

Even his life on Earth was hectic so appreciating simple pleasures like this was one of the things that gives him joy.