31 | A Perfect Fit

Start from the beginning

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I made it to the bus stop. I plopped down on the bench as Lina pleaded restlessly in my ear.

"Fine! You can come, but Tucker is a big IF."

"Yay, yay, yay! I'll call you when we on the way."

"Alright."

She ended the phone call and my music went back to playing through my headphones. I downloaded the bus app and gawked at my phone screen when I realized I had missed the 11:30 lineup which was the last lineup of the night which also meant that the buses would no longer be running.

I leaned my head back in agony, looking up at the sky and my phone started to vibrate in my hand. I looked down seeing Michael's name come up as a text message. I unlocked my phone rolling my eyes immediately at his text message.

Michael: Yo ass better not get on fuckin' bus.

He sent another message.

Michael: You crazy?

I texted him back. No, I'm not crazy, but you're an hour late so I didn't have a choice.

Michael: Wya?

Semaj: At the bus stop.

Michael: -_- what bus stop...

Semaj: wHaT bUs StOp. The only bus stop in front of target.

The three dots popped up, but then quickly disappeared and second later Michael was calling me. I answered the phone, cutting off my music. Like a normal person would say hello, he skipped right over that.

He laughed and I heard the blinker in the background. "Yo 'Maj, who the hell you talkin' to?"

"Michael Joe Jackson... that's who."

I really should've stopped while I was ahead, but my mouth developed a mind of it's own.

"A'ight keep that same energy when I pull up."

"Keep that same energy... blah blah blah. Just hurry."

"I can't wait 'till yo ass get in this car," he mumbled underneath his breath and I bit down on my lip. I had really been running my mouth, but there was no way I was going to get in the car running my mouth like I'd been doing. "'Cuz you talking like you got mad heart."

I crossed my legs and smiled. "You're my man so of course I got heart. Enough heart to even take you on," I added on confidently and Michael laughed.

I saw a car turn on the street and bright lights flashing in my direction. "Is this you coming down the street?"

"Yeah."

I stood up, disconnecting the call as Michael cruised to a stop and hit the locks for me to get in. I slide into the front seat, sliding my bag off of my shoulder and placing it on the floor between my legs. I closed the door and then turned to look at Michael who had an eyebrow cocked as he leaned his back against the door.

I smiled, "hi baby."

He laughed, shaking his head. "You hungry?"

"Starving. What do you have a taste for?"

"Nothing," he replied pulling off. "I already ate."

I paused from digging in my bag and looked at Michael. "You already ate?"

"Uh yeah. Eric and them are at the house. We went and got some food then went back to play some card games and drink. I mean I ain't drinkin', but I chipped in."