March

March 22 - MCR's Breakup Date

Does it hit differently now?? Yes, yes it does, because the boys are back, even if it is somewhat of a side project. Looking back, I think the breakup was necessary and while it was hard on us, the fans, it gave the members time to pursue things they wanted.

March 25 - Pretty. Odd.'s anniversary

You may have noticed that this is the first Panic! related thing that's come up so far, despite DOAB's anniversary being in January

You may have noticed that this is the first Panic! related thing that's come up so far, despite DOAB's anniversary being in January. Well, my friend, I do not support Panic! much anymore. Not after everything Brendon's done, I really don't feel comfortable supporting that kind of a person. Despite that, Panic's first four albums hold a special place in my heart, Pretty. Odd. in particular, and I'm working on trying to separate art from artist, but until I do, I'm just going to keep AFYSCO and Pretty. Odd. here. Anyway, onto the review!

Ok like I said before, I love this album so. So. Much. I even went to Barnes and Noble one time to get a vinyl copy of it, despite the fact that I have absolutely no way of playing it. This entire record just injects me with so much joy, I have no idea why some people hate it. It's a way different sound from Fever, but that's part of its charm, it showcases how they matured as lyricists and musicians. I love the down-to-earth air this album has, and at points the instrumentals and fantastical lyrical imagery is just purely magical.

Favorite Track: When the Day Met the Night. This track is absolutely astronomical, pun intended. Whenever I hear the tiny little birds at the beginning, I instantly silent-shriek and crumple into a little ball as that theme is played (It's not even a riff. It's so majestic you have to call it a THEME). And then BAM! when the chorus hits, I'm up and frolicking with my sapphic lover in the hillside. Another one that I think goes under appreciated, especially LYRICALLY OH MY GOD RYAN ROSS IS A GENIUS. The mythological aspect of our two characters not only gives us a sense of contrast between them, but also foreshadows their entire relationship because the moon and sun can only be seen in the sky together during the summertime and thus implies that the summer lasted longer than they did I just- I'm gonna stop here because I could rant about this song for days.

also on March 25 - May Death Never Stop You's anniversary

I mean yeah it's a compilations album so the only track to review here is Fake Your Death but let me just say: My Chem

I mean yeah it's a compilations album so the only track to review here is Fake Your Death but let me just say: My Chem. Why, after a year's anniversary of being gone, with your fans learning to cope without you, would you decide to throw a compilations album titled MAY DEATH NEVER STOP YOU at them? Not all of us are masochists y'know. That being said, I'm glad you're back, PLEASE STAY I'M BEGGING YOU.  

Is it just me or do the palm trees in the background remind me of the cover art for Hotel California by the Eagles??

Favorite track: Fake Your Death, for obvious reasons. Today, in 2020, it has a hopeful and joyous air to it, but damn if I had heard this in 2014 I would have bawled my fucking eyes out. It takes a special kind of song to evoke two opposite emotions just as strongly. I also have a vivid memory of listening to this in class last year and doing the hand claps and foot stomps and my LA teacher called me out for it lmao.