Seventeen - Gryffindor Parties

Pandora's POV

March 5th, 1976, 9:30 PM

James and Sirius whizzed by the stands on their brooms, spectators screaming and the commentators yelling. Gryffindor and Slytherin were tied, seventy-to-seventy, and the rest of us couldn't figure out what would happen next. "Gryffindor chaser Kennedy Lee catches the quaffle, making her way for the hoops!" Most of the crowd roars, but the Slytherin stands continue to boo. "James Potter, Gryffindor Seeker searches for the Golden Snitch, soaring on his broom through his teammates!" Gryffindor scores, and then I see James nosedive into the mess of Slytherins. The Slytherin seeker tries to follow him, but is no match for James' speed. James outstretches his arm for the golden light flickering in front of him, and then it's just over. Through a haze of screaming and clapping, James and Sirius cheer on their brooms, laughing happily in victory.

"PARTY IN THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!" Sirius screams stupidly in the tower. Students from all houses rush to the portrait hole, and the Fat Lady is frightened as they bellow the password but swings open the entrance anyway. I follow Lily into the welcoming common room. The moon shines through the room, and somehow there's firewhisky on a platter. It sparkles like pure gold and many people are eager to grab it.

I shrug and turn to Lily, "What the hell," and take the champagne glass in my hands. I throw it back and it burns in my mouth, but after a second glass it feels... fizzy. Soon faces mush together and the room is less clear but I feel like I'm floating. I giggle as Evelyn comes up to me and grabs my hand to dance. Her hair is shiny as ever and Lily soon joins in.

Remus arrives, and I ask, "What's up, Reeeeeeeemus?" I slur my words as he shakes his head, "Whaaaat?"

"You are so drunk, Pan," He laughs and takes me aside to dance with me. His face looks pretty. His eyes are like chocolate. I want chocolate, hehe!

"Nuh uh, hey, you're really cute!" I speak my mind, and look at his face.

"Glad to hear it, but I doubt you'd say that sober, Pandora."

I laugh, "I-I wouuuuuld, come on, dance!" He's pretty much still at this point, and he's not having any fun.

"Right," he places his hands on my waist, and they feel like the tingling from the firewhisky, "This okay?" I nod and bring him closer to me, earning a smile from him.

"Lemme show youuu!" I spin with him and grip his shoulders, looking straight at him before I wander my eyes across the room and find Sirius talking to someone but staring at me the entire time. "Why's he looking at me?" I ask Remus, who keeps his hands firmly on my waist.

"Dunno, maybe he fancies you." Remus laughs as he grips my hand and dips me to the ground, my ends of my hair reaching it. His cheeks are flushed and make him look the most careless he's been in a while.

"Hehe.. that's crazy!" Remus pulls me up and makes a face as if saying whatever but I pull him closer so that his face is inches from mine.

He looks at me for a second, and then opens his mouth, "How about I bring you back to your common room? You seem tired." At this point I yawn, and nod as he grips my hand, leading me to the portrait hole. Sirius interjects, "What do you think you're doing?" He glares at his best friend.

"Taking Pan to her room to let her sleep, what else?"

"Oh, sorry, mate. Thought you... nevermind, goodnight Lynn." I slur goodnight and smile before I avert my eyes to a blonde sucking a girl's face off. I see that they're a blurry Carter. Huh. Kissing a 'filthy' Gryffindor. I'm not surprised.

"Let's go, Moony.." He leads me through the portrait hole and down the steps, one at a time.

- -

hi everyone! i know i don't make long ANs because i don't want to bore you, but i just want to let you know i'm making updates bi-weekly after a break that i'm having for the holidays. currently i'm very mentally drained from school, and my finals are coming, so i can't make good content quickly for you all. however, i am NOT leaving you, and thanks for reading if you are. i will be back in january, hopefully stronger than ever with my writing. i'm sorry for anyone who is disappointed, but thank you for understanding.

-tashi <3