-fifty-

"Brendon-"

"Hi."

Okay.

Well. This has 'Hallmark Movie Cliché' written all over it. Especially since he said, 'Hi,' before he kissed me. Not complaining about kissing him, don't get me wrong.

Even though this.. Kind of wrong.

And of course Elizabeth walks in and snickers.

"How cute," At this point, I don't know if she's teasing me or him or both of us. Probably both, if I'm being honest, "And scandalous. Though, I guess with you two, opposites tend to attract."

"Z?" Sometimes, I truly forget that people call her that, "Oh my god, I didn't know you were here," Of course he's blushing like the adorable person he is. Poor thing probably isn't used to doing things he shouldn't be doing.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna run and tell Dallon," She giggles as she pats my shoulder from behind me, "Ryan would kill me."

She's half-right.

Morally, she would be completely correct in telling Dallon.

But nobody likes a snitch.

"I would not, you're too precious to me," I'm smiling at the fact that Brendon definitely hasn't been this confused in a good while and Elizabeth's smiling because, for once, I'm right.

"You two.. know each other?" Huh. Thought I mentioned that at some point. It's a pretty throwaway detail if you think about it. We've got some complicated history, but she's one of the best people I know.

What's left to explain?

"In a word, yes," Elizabeth slips away from me and I hear her soft footsteps start to wander elsewhere to eavesdrop, no doubt, "In a few more words, that's not the most important conversation that you two should be having right now."

"I'm sure this won't come as a shock to you, but she's right," I chuckle a bit as I let him inside from the slight and uncharacteristic breeze from outside. As uncharacteristic as the breeze may be, it's not unwelcome. It's Arizona. It's hot and hellish without proper air conditioning. Pretty simple stuff here, "Now, unless I imagined the last three minutes, I believe you just kissed me and I'm not the man you're marrying," I shrug slightly, but he's having a staring contest with his shoelaces with his hands shoved in his pockets. Kind of cowardly. Like a puppy that pissed on the couch and now he's in trouble, "Did I miss any details?"

"Ryan, you can't tell Dallon I did that. He.." He sighs lightly, "He doesn't know I'm here."

"What? Brendon," I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh more forcefully than him, "Don't cheat on him, okay? I know it's a tad late for that, but just.. Don't. Don't kiss me, don't lie to Dallon, and please.. God, don't you dare catch feelings for me. Alright?" I step right in front of him and lift his chin so his eyes slowly meet mine, but I keep my fingers against his skin. How selfish, "This isn't you. You don't do things like this. Don't ruin your life for me," But, please. Just look at me.. "I wouldn't dream of telling Dallon that you kissed me," Half of me smiles because he's so sorry and I can see how bad he wants everything to be okay and I want to be the one who makes all okay. But I can't, "And he didn't immediately block me, so I'm guessing you didn't tell him anything, either. But, you shouldn't have to hide things from him. I'm sorry I kissed you, I'm truly am, I shouldn't-"

"Wait, no, don't be sorry. I only came over here because you did that," God, what did I do? He's not drunk, he's not high, he's perfectly conscious, but he's completely lost his mind, "Dallon told me that you like me," I never explicitly told him that, "And he was so upset about it because he thought I cared because.. He loves me. He loves me so much and I- I.. God, what am I doing? I don't deserve him or you," Brendon Urie, I am going to cry if you cry, don't you do it.